[Soaked Up #5] Plugin Reviews, and more!

Yeah, how they’re defined is really up to the individual. I hold them in a special place because they were my first languages that I learned and that I’ve gotten quite good at.

Strictly, programming languages are things that can be used to perform tasks and solve problems. The general test is that if you can’t do 2 + 2 with it, its not a programming language. HTML and CSS really don’t fall under that. On the other hand I don’t think that should be any reason to discount them, they are very important in web design, they can be just as complicated or full featured as some programming languages if not more complicated. Someone who does CSS / HTML should never be shunned for “Not a programmer”

CSS 3 does fall under that, but that still doesn’t make it a complete language.
height: calc(2 + 2) works…

:wink:

3 Likes

Yeah @TBotV63 does have a point.

Also

<html>
  <head>
    <title>Html calculator</title>
  </head>
  <body>
    <form name="calculator" >Solution<input type="textfield" name="ans" value="">
    <br>
    <input type="button" value="1" onClick="document.calculator.ans.value+='1'">
    <input type="button" value="2" onClick="document.calculator.ans.value+='2'">
    <input type="button" value="3" onClick="document.calculator.ans.value+='3'">
    <input type="button" value="+" onClick="document.calculator.ans.value+='+'">
    <br>
    <input type="button" value="4" onClick="document.calculator.ans.value+='4'">
    <input type="button" value="5" onClick="document.calculator.ans.value+='5'">
    <input type="button" value="6" onClick="document.calculator.ans.value+='6'">
    <input type="button" value="-" onClick="document.calculator.ans.value+='-'">
    <br>
    <input type="button" value="7" onClick="document.calculator.ans.value+='7'">
    <input type="button" value="8" onClick="document.calculator.ans.value+='8'">
    <input type="button" value="9" onClick="document.calculator.ans.value+='9'">
    <input type="button" value="*" onClick="document.calculator.ans.value+='*'">
    <input type="button" value="/" onClick="document.calculator.ans.value+='/'">
    <br>
    <input type="button" value="0" onClick="document.calculator.ans.value+='0'">
    <input type="reset" value="Reset">
    <input type="button" value="=" onClick="document.calculator.ans.value=eval(document.calculator.ans.value)">
  </form>
2 Likes

Yeah but that is JavaScript, which is a programming language.
Also, don’t use eval, it’s evil.

well of course its evil. It’s literally one letter away from it… :trollface:

I actually found it on the internet :stuck_out_tongue:

A dangerous function.

That’s kinda cheating… It has JS in it…