[Solved] Excessive Amount Of Java Errors On Startup

Hello Everyone,

I can not find an explanation to why my server can not start up properly on BeastNode. I had a local copy of my sponge server working perfectly fine, but when I uploaded it to the host, I received many Java errors on startup in the log below, causing several of the plugins I’m using to not work. I then downloaded an exact copy of the server from the host to my desktop, ran it, and it ran perfectly fine. At first I thought BeastNode did not have the latest version of Java installed, which they didn’t, but once they updated, I still had the same errors. Does anyone have any possible explanation, or theory to why this is happening?

SpongeForge: spongeforge-1.10.2-2281-5.2.0-BETA-2464
Java: 1.8.0_131

Thanks!

Link to server log files.

Update: This also happens with MCProhosting.

Possible: error creating/loading config for your plugin, perhaps due to a space in a pathname ; windows can handle spaces in paths and filenames, linux (as often on commercial servers) doesn’t fair so well… or you have hardcoded a path separator that the other OS can’t handle…

1 Like

The issue was actually a case sensitive inconsistency in the code that handles my plugin’s configuration. I’m not sure why this bug was not present in my local server.

some operating systems are case sensitive and others are not, your os locally is not, your production one is…