[Solved] Misplaced Sound Effects?

Is it just me of are a good portion of the sound effects for the latest forge build been misplaced? I spawned lightning as well as some other entities and they all have their sound effects mixed up. I have lightning sounding like a monster.

SpongeForgeBuild: spongeforge-1.10.2-2281-5.2.0-BETA-2464

I had the same problem in past, give me your level.dat file, I will fix it for you tomorrow

Would you be so kind as to teach me how to fix it so I can the same for others in the future?

Update: Deleting the lev.dat file also fixes the issue.

Deleting the file is a solution, but you loose the seed which will cause inconsistence in your world generation. My fix was to merge your invalid level.dat file with a valid one to keep your seed and others stuff but the process need some tools and is a bit complicated. I wanted to do it for you because you will probably not see the problem again in the future.

3 Likes

I see. Even so, it is not too much of a problem. The world I that had that file is renovated and spawn is cut and pasted into a new world about once every year, anyways. I appreciate your help.

Theres other issues with deleting level.dat

If you are experienced in NBT editing I suspect that deleting the sound registry, and letting it regenerate will solve the issue.

In fact just deleting the forge sound registry in it is enough. No need to merge.

2 Likes