Sponge Docs Pop Quiz #5

By the dripping of my Sponge, something wacky this way comes…

SpongeDocs Pop Quiz #5

has landed on a node near you. Again we present a triumvirate of questions, seeking feedback on issues and ideas somewhat peripheral to development. Please lend us your opinion and share your experiences, as you will.

1. What kind of Sponge merchandise would have the greatest demand?
    Spongie plushies, hats, mugs, mouse-pads, earplugs, banjo strings… what sort of Sponge-emblazoned product would you want most?

2. Has using the Sponge Coremod led you to use Mods as well as Plugins on your server?
    Sponge Coremod’s reliance on Forge has led many server owners to use Forge for the first time. This opens a new realm of possibilities for them, using mods alongside Sponge plugins.

3. Does the Sponge Data API version 2.0 melt your brain?
    The new system apparently mystifies many a developer, but at least it comes with it’s own
    help/how-to thread. Behind the scenes, there is also work on a Doc to help contributors implement DataManipulators.

Thank you for reading, and we hope that you enjoy the rest of this sentence. Last time it looked like this.
Disclaimer: We take no responsibility for the intentional misuse of FLARD and its’ derivatives.
Yggdrasyl Labs also state that FLARD has no certified uses whatsoever and should never be [REDACTED].

I only have the required experience to answer one of these questions; namely, the one that requires no experience whatsoever.

1. T-shirt! Preferably of a light colour. A mug would also be cool :slight_smile:
1 Like
  1. Polo shirt, Coffee Mug, Hat. Anything We will buy it!

2. Ive always used an insane amount of Mods and Cauldron for bukkit plugins. So this is just the future of minecraft for me!

3. Completely melted off my shoulders. Why? Because I dont even know what was in 1.0, 2.0 or how to code in java for that matter!

1 Like
  1. Sponge memes
  2. I don’t use mods
  3. No?
1 Like
  1. A sponge style hat ala the cheese head hats of Wisconsin. :smile:

2. Haven’t started up a Sponge Server. Not interested in managing a server at the moment.

3. Honestly I am waiting for things to be a bit more baked before I attempt any plugin development.

1 Like
  1. I really need a new mousepad :frowning:

2. I’m not that interested in mods.

3. All I have to say is that Gabizou is a brilliant person.

2 Likes
  1. Banjo strings, duh. :trollface:
  2. I’ve used mods for many years.
  3. Having an understanding of the Data API 1.0 was an advantage, because the 2.0 is quite similar in many concepts. In fact I would say 2.0 is simpler for developers to actually use, and for most ordinary situations is almost as easy as the old getDisplayName().
1 Like
  1. Sponges. Definitely sponges.
  2. Yes. It’s kinda the point ;).
  3. Yes and no. It’s brain numbing to work on data implementation all the time, but the API itself is very simple.
5 Likes
  1. Sponges & Mouse pads
  2. Currently not, but maybe I will in the future.
  3. No, I like it.
1 Like