Sponge for Fabric MC

Hey developers. When sponge version for Fabric MC?

1 Like

Im assuming you mean this https://www.curseforge.com/minecraft/mc-mods/fabric-api/files

As it only has 1.14 build and sponge is waiting for a stable release of forge to be made… To answer your question. None

There is a stable release of Forge for 1.14.4

Though from what you’ve said, I think you don’t know what Fabric is - put shortly, it’s a Forge alternative.

Anyhow, ‘SpongeFabric’ isn’t happening anytime soon.

2 Likes

I knew about the recommended build of forge for 1.14.4 but I thought the reason Sponge hasnt updated to 1.14.4 is 1) its a lot of work that takes time (no rush) and 2) that the forge platform was too unstable when running a larger player count?

As for fabrics, I had a guess it was either a replacement or lib for forge that had its own stand alone. But as you could tell, not 100% sure

You’re not wrong, 1.13 and 1.14.4’s combined changes are enormous - throwing tooling changes in makes even starting a little more difficult, there is also the mapping differences to consider.

Some of these efforts have begun already.

Sponge isn’t exclusive to the Forge platform, and while I haven’t heard these claims, even if they were true - they wouldn’t justify skipping a Minecraft version :stuck_out_tongue:

edit: for the avoidance of doubt, I am no longer Sponge staff.

1 Like