Sponge for Minecraft 1.10.2 is out!

If you haven’t been watching our Downloads pages closely, you may not have noticed that both SpongeForge and SpongeVanilla for Minecraft 1.10.2 are out! Due to this, SpongeAPI 5.0 will be targeting 1.10.2, while 1.9.4 support will be dropped in favor of development on the latest version of Minecraft. While SpongeForge should work with most Mods, we’d love to further improve compatibility, so if you encounter any issues we encourage you to inform both the Sponge Team and the Mod Author.

API 4.x and SpongeForge for 1.8.9 both remain in Long Term Support and will continue to be supported by the SpongeTeam. These releases will be maintained until the Sponge Team officially declares otherwise.

With Sponge 1.10.2 builds now available, now is the perfect time to work on brand new plugins for the Sponge Plugin Competition for the chance to win some awesome prizes!

1.10.2 Downloads

SpongeForge | SpongeVanilla | SpongeAPI

If you need help setting up Sponge, check out the Documentation here:
https://docs.spongepowered.org/en/server/getting-started/installation.html

If you’d like to chat with the Sponge Community, you can also join us at #sponge, #spongedev and #spongedocs on irc.esper.net

If you’d like to keep up to date with Sponge, you can also follow us on Twitter, Facebook and join our subreddit. You can also support Sponge through Patreon!

15 Likes

Wait, it’s out, but not in a master branch? What’s branch is it, then? bleeding?

Yes - it’s somewhat unstable, and still in development. While API 5 is still being worked on, it will remain in bleeding. Once it’s finished, it will be merged into master.

So is this still a buggy version. Not recommended for use other then testing? Are we nearing the release of Sponge? I mean is there planned API 6 and maybe more? I want to start working on bringing my server over to this.

Development is still progressing, but it is entirely usable. As has been stated many times, we will only declare new major API versions when there is a break in compatibility, so we will continue working on API 5 until that happens.

1 Like

Entirely usable, it depends of what “usable” means for you. The development is still in progress which means there are bugs which sometimes are major bugs and make the server not usable for production.
But this news is a good news !

Hi is it possible to correct the link to setting up Sponge, I’m getting the

" Sorry, we couldn’t find what you were looking for!
(Spongy is just as surprised as you are)"

Here is an updated link: https://docs.spongepowered.org/master/en/server/getting-started/index.html

1 Like

Thank you, gonna give it a try.:smile:

I’m looking for sponge forge 10.0.2, version 2039, but it seems to skip that version… I could obviously change my forge version to match a sponge version but that would require everyone to change their forge version (correct?)

So why is it that it skips this version? Thanks :3

We say to have the Sponge & Forge builds matching but that’s really only to prevent issues that might have cropped up.

Generally running a Forge build that is 1-4 versions ahead of Sponge ends up being fine, as long as you keep stuff updated and monitor.

Why do you need Forge 2039? That’s really old.

I’d be recommending the latest Sponge (5.0.0-BETA-1798) Which needs Forge (2098) or newer.

If another mod requires a specific version of forge, usually that’s what the mod compiled against, and will be fine on a newer version of forge.

Sponge is a CoreMod and makes many many modifications to forge, which is the main reason that the versioning requirements are so strict. Other mods that don’t make as many changes are usually a lot more flexible.