Sponge Forge not working

I am trying to run a Pixelmon Reforged 1.12.2 server with the recommended build of Sponge 1.12.2 with the Grief Prevention plugin. When I run the server it does not let me join and says it can’t connect to my server. I know that it’s sponge that’s the problem because when I remove sponge and the plugin everything works fine. I use Apex Server Hosting.

Sometimes its not actually sponge that is at fault but another mod that is reacting with Sponge. This in my experience is typically another mod that is interacting with minecraft world on a second thread, this is not in how minecraft was designed to do.

Could we have a lot of the booting of your server? We (the sponge community) should be able to work out what mod is reacting with sponge and may have a solution to keep both sponge and the mod.

What do you mean by the booting? (Sorry I’m new to this kinda stuff)

So, if you go into your server, you will find a folder called “logs” open that and you will find a file called “latest”. That is the server log.

If you download that from APEX and open it in Notepad (if your running Windows) you will see all the text that gets sent to the console including errors and crashing.

Just upload that to pastebin (a website) and send us a the link. That way we all can see it and help you

I hope that’s what you needed. As I said I’m new to this stuff.

[19:00:30] [Server thread/WARN] [Sponge]: The mod spongeforge was designed for forge 14.23.5.2768 but version 14.23.4.2705 is in use. It may not work properly.

[19:00:49] [Server thread/ERROR] [griefprevention]: Unable to initialize plugin. GriefPrevention requires a permissions plugin such as LuckPerms.

Those are the only two minor errors i could find. The first one I wouldn’t worry about too much, just be weary about it.

As for the second error. That is why grief prevention isn’t working.

There are no obvious other issues with the server, so im guessing that’s what you mean by “SpongeForge is not working”? Or is there more to it?

Well it didn’t work when it was only pixelmon and spongeforge, but I thought that it was because there was no plugin, so I added grief prevention. It had the same problems when I didn’t have grief prevention.

Could you boot the server, attempt to join, close down the server and then send that log.

The log you sent before shows the server booting and even past the point where a player could be accepted to the server.

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: net.minecraftforge.fml.common.FMLCommonHandler.fireServerConnectionEvent(Lnet/minecraft/network/NetworkManager;)V
at org.spongepowered.common.SpongeImplHooks.fireServerConnectionEvent(SpongeImplHooks.java:1252) ~[SpongeImplHooks.class:1.12.2-2768-7.1.5]
at net.minecraft.server.management.PlayerList.initializeConnectionToPlayer(PlayerList.java:1567) ~[pl.class:?]
at net.minecraftforge.fml.common.network.handshake.NetworkDispatcher.completeServerSideConnection(NetworkDispatcher.java:256) ~[NetworkDispatcher.class:?]
at net.minecraftforge.fml.common.network.handshake.NetworkDispatcher.access$100(NetworkDispatcher.java:72) ~[NetworkDispatcher.class:?]
at net.minecraftforge.fml.common.network.handshake.NetworkDispatcher$1.func_73660_a(NetworkDispatcher.java:205) ~[NetworkDispatcher$1.class:?]
at net.minecraft.network.NetworkManager.func_74428_b(NetworkManager.java:285) ~[gw.class:?]
at net.minecraft.network.NetworkSystem.func_151269_c(NetworkSystem.java:180) ~[oz.class:?]
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71190_q(MinecraftServer.java:790) ~[MinecraftServer.class:?]
at net.minecraft.server.dedicated.DedicatedServer.func_71190_q(DedicatedServer.java:396) ~[nz.class:?]
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71217_p(MinecraftServer.java:668) ~[MinecraftServer.class:?]
at net.minecraft.server.

This looks like a error you would get if your attempting to run a mod that is too old/new for your forge version. You can either update forge and the mods with it (recommended but not always possible) or you can download the mods for your version of forge. As shown by minor error 1 from my previous comment. Your on Forge version 2705.

The latest SpongeForge to support that version can be found on this page SpongeDownloads as version

1.12.2-2705-7.1.0-BETA-3481

Hope that helps. Any other issues please ask away.

1 Like

I will try it and see how it goes.

I managed to get on the server, and the pixelmon mod is working, but the plugin is not working. I am placing down chests and using the golden shovel (Used to make claims) but nothing happens…

Did you install a permissions plugin such as LuckPerms as the second minor error states? You should be able to use the following command to see what plugins have loaded on

/Sponge plugins
1 Like

Oh, I didn’t. I had it but I deleted it because it wouldn’t let me turn to creative.

Yes. A permissions plugin will do that as you need to set the permissions up so you can use creative and everything else.

Here is the offical Sponge tutorial about permissions in American English.

https://docs.spongepowered.org/stable/en/server/management/permissions.html

https://docs.spongepowered.org/stable/en/server/spongineer/commands.html

1 Like

Well I hope american english isn’t that much different to UK english. Thanks so much for helping me and I hope you have a great rest of your night :smiley:

1 Like

Ah. Sorry, I just assumed the American English, personally I click the British English when I read it for myself.

Heres the British English links

https://docs.spongepowered.org/stable/en-GB/server/management/permissions.html

https://docs.spongepowered.org/stable/en-GB/server/spongineer/commands.html

1 Like

Thanks!! I will read them over.

1 Like