Sponge Hangout Server?

Lets not forget these kinds of people:

• The obvious hacker
  • The rich showoff (likes to throw diamonds around)
  • The guy who leaves hundreds of redstone clocks running
  • The stalker that follows you around the server asking for free stuff
  • The guy who randomly kills players when they are AFK

You get the idea.

3 Likes

All of those are the reasons the following video became my inspiration. BANNED. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jxjq_umZC4

3 Likes

Dang I have sinned, when I was a kid I kept auctioning 2880 slimeballes because I had a DSU(chest that holds 2 000 000 000 from the same items) full off it.

Pls forgive me xd!

Iā€™m hoping to get chat handling merged into the Sponge implementation so that some player interaction can work. I think the server should verify that youā€™re a member on the forums somehow.

If thatā€™s possible, thatā€™d be awesome.

Should be possible if I can get a kludged implementation of the existing api to work for the server. It could also be done manually by an admin or automatically by parsing the log and I donā€™t know what interface it would use to interact with the forums

Thatā€™s the hangup right there, unfortunately.

Well discourse has an API so it wouldnā€™t be hard to interact with. I just donā€™t know what to do to verify it. Use an account and send it a PM with a code only given to the player?

I donā€™t think Factions would be hard to setup/manage.
I setup my serverā€™s factions within an hour.
But perhaps vanilla survival, if it was easier.
I know an idling server was what the OP asked, but I just feel like something to do, like survival or factions, would make it more fun for the community to hang out.

Pass.

I think so. Have a forums account thatā€™s reserved for only checking that, and have it send the player a PM through that account with a randomly created string.

So youā€™re talking about a Discourse bot?

I guess you could call it that. Yeah, I think.

Why not just a vanilla forge server? :wink: In all honesty though, I donā€™t think it would get used much past the 3rd dayā€¦ I can only see it really being used for chattingā€¦ but we have IRC for that. I think itā€™s a nice idea, but not viableā€¦ unless it was community managedā€¦ Iā€™d rather have the development team focussed on getting an API ready than moderating a server. Thatā€™s just my two cents.

Youā€™re all free to hang out on my server if youā€™d like :slight_smile: - Click my ugly mug for details.

Just a quick note @GeekyServers and @MrMysteri0us, from what I remember posting IPā€™s isnā€™t allowed anymore unless its in a PM and the user wants it or whatever. So I would recommend removing themā€¦ (sorry @MrMysteri0us :frowning: )

I think linking in the profile is OK. sk89q is doing it, in any case :L

This will probably matter more when weā€™ve got a version of the implementation to actually test. But hopefully it could be used as a way to test out bugs and provide a closely logged and monitored environment for at least a handful of people. At any rate Iā€™ll throw something up like that when Forge 1.8 is out.