Sponge Illegal Async PhaseTracker Access Crash

Hi, I’m having an issue with sponge on my server and I have no idea how to fix it.

I’m Running Forge 14.23.5.2854 and sponge 1.12.2-2838-7.2.1

Here is a pastebin to the crash logs: (Two are formed at the same time)
1: ---- Minecraft Crash Report ----// Who set us up the TNT?Time: 2020-05-10 - Pastebin.com
2: ---- Minecraft Crash Report ----// You should try our sister game, Minceraft! - Pastebin.com

Any help would be appreciated

Both your crash reports dont give the crash in your title.

The first crash report states that the server was in a state of continuous processing during a server tick (perhaps infinite loop or just too much to process). The other states a null pointer exception inside the method “updateTimeLightAndEntities”

Based on the latter exception and your title, my guess is that “Phospher” (a mod that has known issues with Sponge - its older versions that are known to cause issues with crashing but still) is reacting with Sponge.

Try disabling “async-lighting” to “false” inside the file “global.conf” found inside the sponge config folder.

https://docs.spongepowered.org/stable/en/server/spongineer/incompatible.html

Okay ill give that a try, i gave this the title i did because just before the crash it would spam “Illegal Async PhaseTracker Access”

Ah, async on minecraft can be damaging to your world if its not used correctly, that error from your title is the error you get when Sponge detects unsafe code.

ASync lighting can cause that error if a mod expands onto it, however by itself isnt damaging. By disabling it, it just stops any mod that has hooked into lighting from running asynced.

I disabled it in the configs but im still getting a crash. Heres the lated pastebin after removing Phospher and disabling async-lighting in sponge’s configs. ---- Minecraft Crash Report ----// This doesn't make any sense!Time: 2020- - Pastebin.com

I meant either remove the mod or disable async lighting, but both wont harm anything.

Your crash report doesnt tell me anything, its essentially saying there was a issue within minecraft code itself.

Pastebin has been going down past couple of hours, so I have just moved the actual error its giving to here in unformatted text.

java.lang.NullPointerException
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.updateTimeLightAndEntities(MinecraftServer.java:784)
at net.minecraft.server.dedicated.DedicatedServer.updateTimeLightAndEntities(DedicatedServer.java:397)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.tick(MinecraftServer.java:668)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:526)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Personally im not seeing any known incompatibilities, there is a chance that its old mixins but typically that comes up with a message. The normal fix for that is changing the sponge file name to aaasponge which makes it load first.

The only other thing I can suggest is getting a blank server and slowly add each mod to it until it crashes. That way you know what mod is causing the issue.