Sponge Should Have a GUI

Also, There Should Be Colour support for things like Prefixes, Suffixes, Warnings, Broadcast, etc.

The Bukkit Console/Terminal window implements colour.

And Why This?

[12:33:37] [Server thread/INFO] [net.minecraft.server.dedicated.DedicatedServer] : Loading properties

Surely the Sponge Team could condense it to:

[12:33:37] [Server thread/INFO] [Sponge] : Loading properties
2 Likes

Sponge is mainly a mod for forge that provide server api’s for plugins.
You can think of it as a core mod.

Providing a gui for console and such would not be done through the plugin. It would be done through forge.

Well then the forge GUI could due with some perdifying. I’ll poke around with that on the forge forums.

1 Like

With the new logger all the classes that use System.out.println("Loading properties"); will use their class name as identifier. Also their is no reason for Sponge to change that name, because sponge isn’t loading the config file, Minecraft is doing that :smile:.

Can they change the class name to something like Sponge.Main ?

See here: Some questions about sponge

rather than a gui, I’d be much more in favor of a web based interface on a localhost port. Thats one thing I’d like to implement in Foundation.

2 Likes

As long as it doesn’t intefear with hosting an actual website on the server box port 80, maybe even just a php page to add to an existing website hosted on the same box.

Admins can just install McMyAdmin, and a web panel handled by a plugin may be RAM Thirsty, Like Dynmap

Yea web servers being integrated as a plugin will get ram thirsty if not written correctly.

They can devour your ram very very easily. Been there… Done that…

This: http://www.mcmyadmin.com/ seams to be a peace of software, I was thinking just a php or even html with java script page that can be added to any web hosting program running on the same box. Perhapse even as a hiden/passworded page added to your existing servers website.

1 Like

Apparently McMyAdmin Uses About 15MB RAM at the least, i use it for managing multi-users

Nice. So its not too bad. The issues I ran into in the past was memory leaks primarily. Relating the the IO streams the server would handle.

I’m not talking about a full MCMyAdmin, a single page with a console, ram usage, cpu usage. The console can be updated with javascript with the tcp api of minecraft and java usage can be fetched from the system itself. Not that heavy considering that if you are running a GUI, your aren’t on a server but a PC.

I understand that. I would design it in a similar way fetching updates. I would use json as a payload to receive the updates.

I can agree with this; IMO all servers should be running on the core version of tinycore Linux. It is 9mb big, and uses 1mb of ram to idle, compared to windows 7 idling at 1.3Gb ram usage.

Pfft 1mb, gonna need more ram

*goes on NewEgg*

:blush:

* goes to tigerdirect.ca instead *

you put a single / before the first asterisk

Now I think a simple javascript one can embed into an existing webpage would actually use less resources. espechily considering you can use a commandline interfaced OS and still have a nice gui interface using another PC and web-browser. Beyond this, it would allow remote administration without SSH thru a website you would likly be hosting anyway for your server.