Spongeforge server randomly stops during startup

Hey, I am trying to setup a spongeforge server and I am experiencing random shutdowns during the startup sequence.

It appears to be random when in the startup phase it stops, and there doesn’t seem to be any apparent reason for it to stop in the first place. This is the log output from my most recent attempt.

I am trying to use this modpack.
I had to disable the mod “phosphor” as it caused issues. I have done the changes to the FoamFix config as described in the common server errors post somewhere so there shouldn’t be a mod or config conflict anymore.

The plugins I have on the server are:

• Luckperms
  • Nucleus
  • Sleepvote
  • Unity

The server is running the latest forge and the latest stable spongeforge (not the recommended one as it is not using latest forge)

Any help is appreciated.

Hi, I recently looked at the modpack you’re using.

On the website where you have gotten the mod pack they have a github page dedicated for helping out people who have problems with this mod pack.

Maybe try and ask for help there too?

The link

So this is the error your getting

1. java.lang.NoSuchMethodException: crazypants.enderio.endergy.EnderIOEndergy.checkModLists(java.util.Map, net.minecraftforge.fml.relauncher.Side)
2. at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredMethod(Class.java:2130) ~[?:1.8.0_201]
3. at net.minecraftforge.fml.common.network.internal.NetworkModHolder.<init>(NetworkModHolder.java:246) [NetworkModHolder.class:?]
4. at net.minecraftforge.fml.common.network.NetworkRegistry.register(NetworkRegistry.java:299) [NetworkRegistry.class:?]
5. at net.minecraftforge.fml.common.FMLModContainer.constructMod(FMLModContainer.java:606) [FMLModContainer.class:?]
6. at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor11.invoke(Unknown Source) ~[?:?]
7. at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) ~[?:1.8.0_201]
8. at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498) ~[?:1.8.0_201]
9. at com.google.common.eventbus.Subscriber.invokeSubscriberMethod(Subscriber.java:91) [minecraft_server.1.12.2.jar:?]
10. at com.google.common.eventbus.Subscriber$SynchronizedSubscriber.invokeSubscriberMethod(Subscriber.java:150) [minecraft_server.1.12.2.jar:?]
11. at com.google.common.eventbus.Subscriber$1.run(Subscriber.java:76) [minecraft_server.1.12.2.jar:?]
12. at com.google.common.util.concurrent.MoreExecutors$DirectExecutor.execute(MoreExecutors.java:399) [minecraft_server.1.12.2.jar:?]
13. at com.google.common.eventbus.Subscriber.dispatchEvent(Subscriber.java:71) [minecraft_server.1.12.2.jar:?]
14. at com.google.common.eventbus.Dispatcher$PerThreadQueuedDispatcher.dispatch(Dispatcher.java:116) [minecraft_server.1.12.2.jar:?]
15. at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:217) [minecraft_server.1.12.2.jar:?]
16. at net.minecraftforge.fml.common.LoadController.sendEventToModContainer(LoadController.java:219) [LoadController.class:?]
17. at net.minecraftforge.fml.common.LoadController.propogateStateMessage(LoadController.java:197) [LoadController.class:?]
18. at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) ~[?:1.8.0_201]
19. at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62) ~[?:1.8.0_201]
20. at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) ~[?:1.8.0_201]
21. at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498) ~[?:1.8.0_201]
22. at com.google.common.eventbus.Subscriber.invokeSubscriberMethod(Subscriber.java:91) [minecraft_server.1.12.2.jar:?]
23. at com.google.common.eventbus.Subscriber$SynchronizedSubscriber.invokeSubscriberMethod(Subscriber.java:150) [minecraft_server.1.12.2.jar:?]
24. at com.google.common.eventbus.Subscriber$1.run(Subscriber.java:76) [minecraft_server.1.12.2.jar:?]
25. at com.google.common.util.concurrent.MoreExecutors$DirectExecutor.execute(MoreExecutors.java:399) [minecraft_server.1.12.2.jar:?]
26. at com.google.common.eventbus.Subscriber.dispatchEvent(Subscriber.java:71) [minecraft_server.1.12.2.jar:?]
27. at com.google.common.eventbus.Dispatcher$PerThreadQueuedDispatcher.dispatch(Dispatcher.java:116) [minecraft_server.1.12.2.jar:?]
28. at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:217) [minecraft_server.1.12.2.jar:?]
29. at net.minecraftforge.fml.common.LoadController.redirect$forgeImpl$PostEvent$zza000(LoadController.java:568) [LoadController.class:?]
30. at net.minecraftforge.fml.common.LoadController.distributeStateMessage(LoadController.java:136) [LoadController.class:?]
31. at net.minecraftforge.fml.common.Loader.loadMods(Loader.java:593) [Loader.class:?]
32. at net.minecraftforge.fml.server.FMLServerHandler.beginServerLoading(FMLServerHandler.java:98) [FMLServerHandler.class:?]
33. at net.minecraftforge.fml.common.FMLCommonHandler.onServerStart(FMLCommonHandler.java:333) [FMLCommonHandler.class:?]
34. at net.minecraft.server.dedicated.DedicatedServer.func_71197_b(DedicatedServer.java:125) [nz.class:?]
35. at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:486) [MinecraftServer.class:?]

NoMethodException is normally connected to the wrong forge version. But it maybe due to optimisations from another mod, its the reason sponge and foamfix have issues

There is an option in foamfix you have to turn off in order for it to be compatible with spongeforge. Should be in the config for foamfix. Make sure your server is off when you change it.

@VinceOrlando

I think they have already done that

It does crash at a very strange point. How much RAM are you giving it? It kind of looks like it’s just out of memory…