SpongeForge won't get loaded

Huh? I said in my posting that I wanted to test it locally. But my game don’t even starts and gave a crashreport, linked it above.
Don’t get what you mean with “because you shouldn’t modify this version normally, it is a custom one of Mojang.”
Outdated Java versions are removed.

Have you put SpongeForge in your client’s mod folder ?

The vanilla Minecraft client uses its own instance of Java runtime. This shouldn’t effect the server. Updating Java will not gaurrentee the old version gets removed as the install into their own directories. In the command prompt or terminal rub java -version to see what version is being utilized on your system. Check your system for old versions of Java and uninstall them. This could also cause environment variable issues which either need to be fixed manually or by reinstalling the latest version of Java.

Correct! @ed3n please use this ( https://s3.amazonaws.com/Minecraft.Download/launcher/Minecraft.exe ) Minecraft launcher, not the other ones Mojang provides. If you read the download page on minecraft.net carefully, you’ll notice that not all MC for Win versions require a preinstalled JRE. Some ship Java 1.8.0_25, some don’t :wink:

2 Likes

Good to know. I will be getting rid of the installer’s version.

1 Like

I’ve always been partial to MultiMC. Better multi client management

Completly Edit:
Alright, in fact I really had some old versions of Java installed. And not even the 64bit version.
I fixed this and setted up a local server on my desktop.
Everything went fine until I installed the mods. Or …tried.
There wasn’t even a console starting so i checked the log. But there wasn’t anything I would understand. A lots of errors yeah but I don’t get them. And it’s REALLY huge.
I exceeded the maximum paste size of 512 kilobytes per paste on Pastebin.com.
So I have to upload it elsewhere. And when your browser says it isn’t safe please ignore that. Didn’t setted up my Root-Server for web so far.

Could please somebody explain me what’s this log is sayin’? Is this tellin’ me they’re not compatible? Or what’s the issue now? This server isn’t starting at all.
On my online server he at least started. Without Sponge, but it did.

P.S.: I’m really glad about all of your kindness helping me. So …thank you.

You have to start the server via commandline (CMD or PowerShell on windows), as the Vanilla GUI is disabled by Sponge. You should never start the server by double-clicking the jar, if you do, then the process is running but you won’t see it.

Regarding paste size:
Use gist.github.com instead.

At first it worked by double clicking. Anyways i guess it didn’t showed up afterwards because there were complications.
I wrote a start.bat file with “java -Xmx1G -Xms1G -jar forge-1.8-11.14.4.1577-universal.jar” in it, because I thought the same way you did. I saw the CMD and alot of really fast incoming errors. But the server still doesn’t work.

Anyways, I forgot to paste the serverlog in my earlier reply. Used gist.github.com now.

Here it is

Looks like there are some errors with ForgeEssentials.

1 Like