State of Sponge XII - New Date

Hi folks,

Due to the chaos of prepping for the MineCon Exhibition at the end of September and schedules changing due to School/College going back into session, I’ve made the call to re-schedule SoS XII to a new date, October 15th. For the observant ones, this is also the same date that we will announce the plugin competition winner from our summer contest. Now for some answers to lingering questions.

Question: Delayed until October 15th? Why?
Answer: As I said above, we’re under some pretty fierce time constraints to prep for the Minecon exhibition as a team and various members are having to devote much of their free time to get settled back into the School/University season.

Question: Does this mean that SpongeAPI for Minecraft 1.10.2 is delayed (API 5.x)?
Answer: Absolutely not. Based on our current progress (@blood is making huge headway into massive performance fixes), we’re still on course to merge API 5 into the master branch (and our new current version) by the end of September. It may very well happen before that point, keep tuned!

Question: What does this mean for the state of the 1.10.2 Sponge server? When will it be stable?
Answer: Sponge for 1.10.2 is already usable and builds are rolling for both SpongeForge and SpongeVanilla. The current focus is to fix large performance regressions that happened from the fallout of 1.9.x and 1.10.2 as the base game experienced large changes. With that coming to a close, the next step will be a mass PR merge as well as @blood and @gabizou working to fixup some tracker bugs we generated from the re-written 1.10.2 CauseTracker. tl;dr there will be good solid 1.10.2 builds before October 29th.

Any further questions? Shoot below.


Is there a link for an uploaded version for those of us who missed it live?

1 Like

I can’t find any more information on this. Would someone be able to provide an update or a link to a recording of the SOS ?