State of Sponge XXIII & Plugin Competition

State of Sponge XXIII

State of Sponge XXIII is over, catch up here:

With API8/1.16.5 being wrapped up, we thought we ought to celebrate with a show! This time around we’re running a special Modded 1.16.5 event for you all to join.

You can install the modpack from here: SOS-XXIII-Modpack.zip (6.9 KB)
Alternatively, simply install:

• Forge 36.2.39
  • Create-mc1.16.5_v0.3.2g
  • Flywheel-1.16-0.2.5.
    • Add JEI and client-side mods to taste.

Reminder that Java 8 (or 11) is required. 2GB+

State of Sponge XXIII is scheduled for the 5th of August at 21:00 UTC.
As usual you can join us in-game on block19.spongepowered.org and view the stream live on Twitch

SoS-2

Plugin Competition

It’s time for a return of the Sponge Plugin Competition! We wanted to keep things open-ended this round so we’ve decided on a scoring system that we hope will allow the most people to enter.
The competition is open to anyone submitting their plugin on Ore over the 3 month period between August 1st and November 1st 2023. (Though if you can please post your submissions below as well to help us keep track!)

Rules:

1. Must be your own code
2. Must be for Sponge API 8+. (Bonus points allocated for API 8 + 10 + 11 support)
3. Must be a OSI-compliant license with a public-facing source repository.
4. Must be functional. Plugins that cannot run will be disqualified.
5. Plugins may either be new or ports from API 7 and lower.
6. Multiple submissions are allowed, however there is a maximum of 1 prize per user. (Allocated based on their highest-ranked submission)
7. You must be 17+ or have signed approval from your parent/guardian.
8. Plugins must be submitted on Ore after 2023-08-01 and before 2023-11-01.
9. Not open to plugins that were submitted to Ore before 2023-08-01.
10. Winner(s) will have 1 week to reply from time of contact else a replacement will be chosen. A community vote may be held to help aid the choice in replacement.

Scoring:

Scoring is done by a Panel of 3 Sponge Team Members
A rating out of 5 is allocated for the following:

1. Creativity - Inventiveness of the plugin, in terms of code (i.e. new approaches), gameplay (i.e. new or altered mechanics) or connection (i.e communication bridges, cross-server utilities).
2. Utility - Whether the plugin fills in a gap in the plugin ecosystem, bringing features not currently available to the API 8+ ecosystem.
3. Polish - User-facing documentation, command autocomplete, ease of interaction, config reloading.

A score out of 5 is allocated on each category, by each judge. [/15 per judge]

Bonus points are then added for multiple API version support (Independent jars are permitted):

Support for 2 API versions (e.g. API 8 + 10) [3 points]
OR
Support for 3 API versions (API 8 + 10 + 11) [5 points]

Points are then summed to a total of 50 (45 points from judges, 5 from bonuses) and ranked accordingly.

Prizes:
The prizes will be given as Steam Gift Cards, of the following value for each place:

1st: $75
2nd: $50
3rd: $25

Good luck to everyone participating!

My plugins for the plugin competition.

1 Like

3. Must be a OSI-compliant license with a public-facing source repository.

What’s an OSI-compliant license?

Open-Source-Initiative

Finally got my submissions all polished up and released:

Picono_435 / PicoJobs tested for API8, 10 and 11

Hello! I am submitting Journey to the competition: whimxiqal / Journey

It requires the SQLite JDBC Connector, which this plugin can provide: whimxiqal / SqliteLoader