TimeWarp - Manipulate time itself and extend the time of day!

@thagreenkronic Try version 2.2.1 and tell me if that works a bit better for your scenario. Flicker should no longer take place. However if your plan is to always have it morning you could also run /gamerule doDaylightCycle false for the target world and set the time to the time you want it to always be at.

Regardless let me know if you run in to any issues. :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Grinch Were running 1.10.2 (Itā€™s pretty much the baseline version for modpacks currently)

Just tried the latest 2.2.1 version of Timewarp but its coming up with a console error:

@York Iā€™ll look tonight and see if I can add a mixin to target 1.10.2. Though I should warn you that I do target API 6.0.0 which means my plugin isnā€™t guaranteed to work on 1.10.2 builds which target API 5.x.

As it stands I do not believe I use any API 6.0.0 specific features so ideally it will remain compatible but I just wanted to give you a heads up.

Thanks Grinch would be grateful for anything you can do.

Yeah itā€™s a tough one we canā€™t update mods specifically due to them being modpacks as we donā€™t have any say in the client side downloads, which always tend to be an MC version behind.

York could you provide me with the output of /sponge version please?

@York Iā€™ve tested it on 1.10.2 using the followingā€¦

Minecraft: 1.10.2
    SpongeAPI: 5.2.0-SNAPSHOT-982a6b0
    SpongeForge: 1.10.2-2221-5.2.0-BETA-2215
    Minecraft Forge: 12.18.3.2254

I could not replicate your issue. Would you mind packaging and sending me a PM to download your server so I can test it directly and see where the problem is occurring?

Hi mate, I had a a whole server crash and when I have checked my crash log it mentions I have an ā€œexception in ticking worldā€

Iā€™m wondering if this is caused by your plugin? Iā€™m using the latest version of timewarp.

Unfortunately that exception does not tell me enough for me to say that it is or is not my plugin. Can you replicate the issue consistently or is it random?

Edit: Correction. That is not me. It is related to async lighting. See if there is an issue on SpongeCommon for it already. If not then please make an issue there. :slight_smile:

Thanks mate, Ive made a issue/ticket

Hey - just started building myself a mc server, man was i glad to find this plugin! I have a question/feature request for you, if possibleā€¦could you add one more time to the daypart list for dusk/sunset? I know logically I could increase the daytime part but then the entire day is also stretched out longer; I am basically looking to still have time flow normally with the exception of a much longer sunset timeframe, if thatā€™s possible?

Many thanks in advance if you do think this is something youā€™d tackle :slight_smile:

-truegamer25

Shouldnā€™t be too difficult. Will take a look when I have some time.

Edit: Please let me know what youā€™d suggest as the start and end time for the ā€˜duskā€™ daypart to be.

Awesome - I look forward to it, thisā€™d make minecraft feel so much more authentic to me :slight_smile:

ā€¦That being said - based on the normal day/night cycle (on http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Day-night_cycle) iā€™d say the typical tick time range ought to be right around the 11600 ticks, ending at I believe the start of when youā€™ve got your current ā€œeveningā€ daypart for timing; it seems that starts right after what iā€™d call dusk.

-truegamer25

This will be done soon. Apologies for the delay.

Awesome - I look forward to seeing the update! :slight_smile:

Just to clarify, youā€™d like a daypart to cover the timeframe of 11,600 -> 13,000?

These are my current dayparts.

Morning
    Length:  1800 ticks
    Start:  23200
    End:     1000
Day
    Length: 12000 ticks
    Start:   1000
    End:    13000
Evening
    Length:  1800 ticks
    Start:  13000
    End:    14800
Night
    Length:  8400 ticks
    Start:  14800
    End:    23200

Thatā€™s correct - I believe that is right around dusk/sunset. Looking forward to it! :smiley:

A new version has been released for TimeWarp, it is available for download here.

Changelog

• Update to target Minecraft 1.12 (version 1.10.x and 1.11.x are still supported)
  • Update to target SpongeAPI 7.0.0 (version 6.x is still supported)
  • Add new daypart ā€œDuskā€
1 Like

Good day,
Is it possible to allow values below vanilla? I do not see a reason to disallow this. For example, Iā€™d like the night to be shorter than vanilla, but not skipped (0).
Thank you for considering!

This is something I would like to support. Iā€™d have to test it and see how well it works.

That said though, anything lower than the default value will result in a slightly more choppy sun/moon progression across the sky.

Thank you for the reply. And I appreciate that you are willing to test it.
I hope it works!
Itā€™s okay for me if the sun/moon is choppy I think. I guess Iā€™d have to see it, but I bet itā€™s fine.

Cheers!