Towny Advanced Official Thread

Yes, this will be easier in the new LWC version. In the next couple weeks I’ll be improving docs for the rewrite version and expand on how to do plugin integration. The new version also allows some more interesting things to be done too e.g. dynamically allowing mayors to access protections inside their own town without too much hacking (or db changes). It’ll also allow a lot of other stuff LWC had to do in the core (i.e. /cmodify town:TownName to give access to everyone in that town on the protection) be done by any plugin.

high five for also being a plugin to survive hmod → bukkit → sponge \o/

4 Likes

if i remember correctly, if a town is not in a nation, then it cannot be attacked, or participate in a war, so they are safe from huge wars, tho i could be wrong, it has been a while since i have been in a towny, but me and a group are setting up (hopefully) a towny server utilizing the war feature, and this comment interests me

Right, and this is problem number one. If you have a PvP-server and everyone wants his town’s security and does not join a nation, then the Towny system is more or less broken. Problem number two would be that if towns without nation become attackable, they will obviously lose their protection and can be destroyed very easily. Why should a small town have the same risk as a whole nation? So:

Anything new on towny for sponge?

1 Like

Any news from the developers?

Right I would love to know if development has commenced! We will never make the switch to sponge without Towny.

1 Like

me too, I think the community need the Sponge version of Towny, it is one of best plugin ever and a lot of modded server without it will not work

While you are waiting for Towny, dont forget to try out Polis and leave your suggestions amd feedback.

Any news? :snail:

I popped in the towny irc chat and they said they have lost interest in minecraft since this announcement was made and we likely won’t see a Towny release for sponge… sad news.

Lost interest in Sponge, not in minecraft entirely. If ElgarL returns from his hiatus and wants to code something it would likely be for sponge. I’m maintaining Towny on the bukkit platform.

1 Like

And if I wanted to make a modded server 1.8 with Towny? I have no chance to do so?

It is a real pity! :sob:

I would love to see Towny for sponge… I’ve been waiting since bukkit died. I cant run a server with ought towny! What would it take to get him interested in it and work again? I will definitely donate the exact moment there is a release for sponge!

Very nice to see. Will be sure to get some thorough testing done :slightly_smiling:

Is is possible you may allow another developer to take over the Sponge Towny? Seems fair that if we want to see Towny for Sponge we can make it ourselves. Exactly like Towny for Bukkit and is in sync with the features. If you allow it I bet some developer will take the opportunity.

I agree with what you said, and i believe i once talked to the towny devs in IRC, and they did say if some devs came forward and stated that they would be willing to port Towny to sponge and keep it up to date, they might allow it… I offered myself, but I’m still a little too new at java and Sponge.

1 Like
1 Like

Sorry Thread Necro :confused:

I personally know I have no plans of switching to Sponge until Towny is either ported or able to run through some form of wrapper. I really hope either Towny gets an official port or someone takes it over. Towny is by far the best town plugin I know. <3

I dev something like towny plugin

But still in alpha version

1 Like

When could we use a sponge towny?