Universe Guard - An easy to use world protection plugin for Sponge

You can find all the details here

A new version has been released for Universe Guard, it is available for download here.

• Fixed some inconsistency behaviours with the place/destroy flags that causes some issues and conflicts with some mods (for example the MultiMine mod from RLCraft)
  • Fixed a conflict between the purchasable regions and the unique regions setting, which makes regions unable to be bought if are both set to true

Do you need Worldedit or not for this plugin?

No, WorldEdit is not required but you can still use it if you wish

I am using a FTB server on 1.12.2 and im using UniverseGuard 2 the newest version. When I try to create flags against pvp or players breaking blocks. It doesnā€™t let me. The only options deal with hostile mobs and no player actions? What am I doing wrong. I went into the config files and everything is set to true permissions wise. Iā€™m also using with Luckperms

I am using a FTB server on 1.12.2 and im using UniverseGuard 2 the newest version. When I try to create flags against pvp or players breaking blocks. It doesnā€™t let me. The only options deal with hostile mobs and no player actions? What am I doing wrong. I went into the config files and everything is set to true permissions wise. Iā€™m also using with Luckperms

so first problem is fixed already, i was able to create the flags. That being said the place and break blocks flags are not working. I removed all my permissions to just be a ā€œnormalā€ player and I was still able to break and place blocks in a region i wasnt supposed to be able to. All other flags are currently working, like the liquid flow and mob spawning. Any clue whats going on?

There could be some mod in the FTB package that might conflict with those flags. If you can, please share via direct message the Region file and which blocks you are trying to break/place if they comes from a specific mod

Sorry again realized I had the wildcard permission set to my personal user and it was overriding me placing blocks even without the perms! Luckperms was the problem.

I think the place and break blocks is clashing with another plugin I have though I canā€™t find which one its having an issue with. In the meantime is there a way for normal players to use the protection cmmands to create small regions around them without giving them access to the flags? Like I want to set permanent rules for their regions, but I want them to be able to set the spot for their region. Is there a way to put in a separate code for default players that I can set permanent region flags, but they can manipulate the coordinates? Also if I can contain how many regions and the size that they can have per rank.

Hi, sorry for the delay in response (just checked I had emails notifications turned off for some reasonā€¦). Anyway, Iā€™m not fully understand if you managed to solve the issue by changing permissions or notā€¦ For the regions without flags part I also did not fully understand what you want to achieve, but as far as I can tell there is no option right now to do that. You can limit how many regions and how big Regions can be right now using the configuration that you can find here Config Ā· JimiIT92/UniverseGuard2 Wiki Ā· GitHub
but it currently doesnā€™t allow you to specify limits according to a specific permission (which will be added in v3 as that version will provide a proper permissions system)

A new version has been released for Universe Guard, it is available for download here.

Fixed conflict between PVP flag and mob damage

Hey is there a way to allow snow to build up and melt in a region? My server uses a seasons plugin so that would be essential.

Also, is there a discord for this Plug-in?

Never thought about a flag like this :open_mouth: Maybe I can work on it, if you can please provide some more details about what the flag will do when itā€™s enabled or disabled.
For Discord: no, there isnā€™t one, but it will be set up at some point :wink:

Improved messages and checks from the /rg add command

• Fixed a bug with the itemdrop flag when this is set to false
  • Fixed a bug where OP users canā€™t teleport to Regions with cantp or canspawn flags set to false

Well right now the flag place and the flag destroy prevents snow from spawning because it does not let the weather place and destroy blocksā€¦ Perhaps the flag should just be something like weatheroverride true and then the weather will override the place and destroy flags?

Yes, so those flags will just check if the snow layers are "placed from weather"or not. If not than handle like normally, else let the dedicated flag do the job

• Fixed a conflict between destroy and pistons flags
  • pistons flag will now handle too every block with the extended block state property (for modded pistons)

Hi there, was wondering if this works for pixelmon and if so, what kinds of flags? it would seem that I can use it to stop wild spawns, but it also disables pixelmon spanwers from functioning and players from sending out their pokes

1 Like