Users page?

I don’t see a problem here.

Knowing how many liked you’ve given/recieved is fine to me.
Just this so called “leaderboard” yould get a problem as beeing in the lead goes directly with competition.

1 Like

That point is that i can go on everyone’s page, and get the info from the users page, since that can be done, it’s pointless to disable it. Unless a staff member explains another reason for it to be disabled.

1 Like

Ultimately, the goal has been to lessen the amount of competition between members. The point of these forums are to keep people updated on Sponge as a project, help people while using our API and implementations, and maybe some friendly comradery, here and there.

The past couple months has been an uphill battle, trying to figure out what we can afford to get rid of, and what we can’t, to lessen the competition. Competition is good, you might say. You’d be right, for a business. However, we’ve seen some poisonous reactions from people, and that’s not what our forums are about.

If we could feasibly cut off profiles, you might notice that go next. Let’s just all enjoy spending times on the forums with our friends, enjoy the pleasure of helping out someone in need, and stop worrying about your stats.

Perhaps I’m the only one who thinks this way but, for me, stats aren’t the objective, stats are the reward. The reward of being around because I’m interested in the project.

2 Likes

And you can see your stats, on your own profile page. There’s no need for a leaderboard.

True, but what is a single piece of data worth without a term of comparison?

The stats of one single person give us info, but don’t mean much by themselves.

I really hope this is better for the project…

You can also look at the stats of other people on their profile pages.

If you see anything on this software that is active, it implies that we support/endorse/approve of it. Because we do not approve of competition among members to see who can post/like/etc the most, it was removed.

5 Likes

Thanks for clearing it up, that is what i thought the reason was for. Now to anyone who wants to argue this, the staff are normally pretty good about making these kinds of decisions. No amount of complaining will fix it unless you have a REALLY good reason that they are wrong.

3 Likes