Using SpongeForge for SkyFactory 4 issues

So, my issue is the server is loading and all but nothing is showing in the console. I was also wondering if there were correct plugins/settings I should use for a public server. Also, to note I can’t type anything in the console nor does the server shutdown properly/shutdown at all I have to go to task manager and kill JAVA.

Current plugins I have are LuckPerms, SkyClaims, and GriefPrevention
Using spongeforge-1.12.2-2838-7.1.7
Also, here is my Start.bat

@echo off

call settings.bat

:start_server
echo Starting Sky Factory 4 Server...
"C:\Program Files\Java\jdk-1.8\bin\javaw.exe" -server -Xms%MIN_RAM% -Xmx%MAX_RAM% %JAVA_PARAMETERS% -jar %SERVER_JAR% -nogui
exit /B

goto start_server

Settings.bat

REM Don't edit these values unless you know what you are doing.
set INSTALL_JAR=forge-1.12.2-14.23.5.2860-installer.jar
set SERVER_JAR=forge-1.12.2-14.23.5.2860.jar

REM You can edit these values if you wish.
set MIN_RAM=1024M
set MAX_RAM=4096M
set JAVA_PARAMETERS=-XX:+UseG1GC -Dsun.rmi.dgc.server.gcInterval=2147483646 -XX:+UnlockExperimentalVMOptions -XX:G1NewSizePercent=20 -XX:G1ReservePercent=20 -XX:MaxGCPauseMillis=50 -XX:G1HeapRegionSize=32M -Dfml.readTimeout=180

So 2 issues here.

The first is your using grief prevention that plugin broke in the early api 7 days and never got updated by the same name. Instead its now grief defender which is paid for (and therefore not on ore) or you can compile it yourself.

As for the main issue your having

C:\Program Files\Java\jdk-1.8\bin\javaw.exe

Dont use javaw for console applications (like servers). Javaw means it wont boot the console side of java including the input and output of the console

Use java.exe

1 Like

Just found that out! Thank you!

1 Like