Warbands - Factions alternative planning thread

Well no one really voted on the strawpoll aside from me and someone else. So it looks like the name will either be Warbands or Syndicates. Which do you guys prefer?

Iā€™ve voted on straw. I chose ā€œBitByteā€™s factionsā€ because I have no idea which i would vote for.

It should be like the oldschool SImpleClans where you can create groups with your own clan and have your clantag show up in chat, and make it compatible with chat plugins.

ThunderTools 4 for Sponge that I am working on is also modular.
I really like this idea and I recommend everyone to take this idea on board.
There is ThunderTools Core (Basic stuff)
Then there is ThunderTools Circuits which can be used without ThunderTools Core giving server owners lots of freedom on what features they want on their server without enabling/disabling lots of permissions.

Whats the point of calling it ā€œCoreā€ then?

Well I have decided to go with the name Warbands after a bit of thinking. (A couple friends decided to vote ā€œBitByteā€™s Factionsā€ just to screw with me lol) Iā€™m working on getting a logo made for it now, if anyone has some ideaā€™s for it please show me. :smile:

This is the current logo design someone made (I would prefer that the logo be in reddish colors but the style of the logo I like a lot)

Edit: sorry for the large image, apparently GIMP didnā€™t crop it correctly. Also updated the title.

Iā€™m really liking this. Tag me when youā€™ve got a repo up? Iā€™ll contribute some. :smile:

Me too :smiley:

About the logoā€¦
A bit like this?

imgur.com

Edit: Moved image to imgur.

2 Likes

even if at the strawpull warbands dont got the most i really like Warbands would prefeer that

Looks really nice! although it feels a bit too tall, and too red, mind shortening it and giving it a few lighter or orange colors to it? Other than that Iā€™m not sure what else could be done. :slight_smile:

EDIT: Also can you make the background layer transparent?

^Sure can do :smiley:

So, I made an imgur album with some different colors and one image what it would look like shortened.

Take a look wether one of the color combinations suits you :stuck_out_tongue:
Also, at the end I have a demo of a shortened one. Shorter? Longer?

But Iā€™m a programmer, not an artist so yeah :smiley:

I like the third the most and the last seems a bit to wide i wouldnt use the last
but overall it looks very nice :smiley: , only the resolution is a bit low res (maybee its the screen of my laptop not shure)

Warbandsā€¦ First thought is of a heavy rocking Zombie with an Axeā€¦

Hmā€¦ gotta agree I like the third ones colors the best, although Iā€™m not sure whether or not to go with tall or short, can you recolor the 5th one so I can compare the two?

3 Likes

Like that?

2 Likes

I think thats what @BitByte thought of
i really like that

Looks best short, although Iā€™m saving both the tall and short versions for various reasons. The short one will be used on my website to link to the project. :slight_smile:

EDIT: Showed it too a friend, and he suggested that a shape be put behind it to make it less simple. Could we try adding this as a border behind it? (you can choose red or orange either is ok)

Also I just updated my website with the logo, if you want to see how it looks there, the link to my site is in my profile.