Warbands - Factions alternative planning thread

Basically I plan to make a factions plugin alternative, because the current factions plugin feels too clunky for me. (Especially since it needs MassiveCore to function) I want to make the plugin modular so you can remove or disable parts you don’t want also. If anyone has ideas for this plugin please tell me, I’m pretty open with suggestions right now. (also some ideas for a name would be nice) :slight_smile:

Official document for the plugin

4 Likes

Companies
“the fact or condition of being with another or others, especially in a way that provides friendship and enjoyment.”

Not a bad name, although it might be misleading considering some people might think of big corporations when they hear the word. (I do at least, don’t know about anyone else)

1 Like

Agreed.

Any other ideas for names?

Companies
Factions
Fellowships
Guilds
Groups
Friends
Associations
Kingdoms

Alliances
Bands
Warbands
Gangs
Societies
Troops
Crews
Kinships
Syndicates
BitByte’s Factions

I dunno I like “Friends” even though you crossed it out.

I crossed out names of existing mods/plugins :confused:

Except friends is also kinda misleading because this is a factions alternative, so it would be confusing.

Nice suggestions, I will think about those ones for now.

Anyone else who has names can suggest them, but while I’m looking through @ZachBora’s ideas, it would be nice if I could get some suggestions for features. :slight_smile:

EDIT: I just remembered societies was taken by the former developer of SimpleClans :confused:

Proof: Plugins to be ported! - #423 by zrocweb

@BitByte also remember that you can use multiple words, as long as people can identify to it. Like World of Warcraft is WoW and League of Losers is LoL (i’m just kidding sorry)

1 Like

Lol that’s clever, I want to keep the name to one word if I can, although if I have to add a second word that’s fine.

WoW

Features

• Alliances / Peace
  • War declaration
  • Protected cities
  • Team points
  • Points can be used to buy team buffs
  • Points are gained when owning land
  • Team portals

Nice ideas, any others?

Also out of the names you suggested these are the ones I like the best.

• Alliances
  • Warbands
  • Syndicates
  • BitByte’s Factions

I have the best name: Super Awesome Cool Bit Faction Plugin (SACBFP)… :stuck_out_tongue:

Nah,“Warbands” is the best I think.

1 Like

Should I make a strawpoll for the name?

What I didn’t like about Warbands is it implied War, and I don’t like wars :frowning:

or depending on number of members online

Edit:
For name, Rivalities

Made a strawpoll for the name here.

Frenemies (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frenemy)

eh that one sounds a bit cheesy xD