Warbands - Factions alternative planning thread

• Something I think would be quite cool is not protecting stuff like chests and furnaces (not doors and trapdoors tho) from being opened. It actually makes a base useful and worth protecting. (and also worth attacking)
  • I’d make damaging claimed areas via explosions a configurable option (I’m thinking redstone tnt missiles, tnt cannons)
  • Some kind of hierarchy inside factions (stuff like moderator, member, admin / owner)

Maybe classes within the warband that gives bonuses and you can only change class once per day or something. And limit some of them so you don’t have EVERYONE changing to Spy at once. (say only 5% of warband can be spy) Maybe only allow warband leaders to assign classes.

• Gatherer : chance to get additional loot while digging and chopping
  • Farmer : chance to get additional loot while farming
  • Soldier : chance to do additional dmg when attacking mobs (not other players because that would be unfair)
  • Spy/Scout : When it’s dark enough, become invisible to other warbands after 5 seconds if you don’t move
  • Builder : additional mats when crafting and faster to break human-made blocks within the warband territory.
1 Like

Instead of limiting who can be apart of a class, we should just make the classes balanced enough to where it doesn’t matter. Maybe, because the Spy/Scout element is at their best during the night, they have debuffs during the daytime? Or maybe, they get dealt critical damage if they’re attacked while invisible.

1 Like

Or we could simply make everyone have that skill.

@BitByte

Created a doc, so we can more easily centralize ideas and get feedback. PM me your email, and I’ll give you whatever permissions I can.

Yeah I like that idea, with the current factions it doesn’t really matter how good your base is as long as you have enough land and a couple walls.

TnT damage will need to be worked out a bit, I don’t want warbands to be impenetrable but I don’t want them being completely insecure either, so we will need to find a good way to balance that.

As for an inner hierarchy that’s definitely a good idea.

@ZachBora As for classes I’m kinda split on this idea, I like the idea of adding diversity in a warband, but I don’t know if an RPG sort of feel is what I want to go for. Will need to think about this a bit more.

@FerusGrim thanks :slight_smile:

'Course. :slight_smile: I’ll add more info when I can set my son down.

Jow, developer of societies here. Why don’t team up? Basically the basics are done now. How we could focus on the claiming stuff for example. Societies: http://github.com/Catharos/Societies

Competition will make us each strive to do better, but I don’t see why we couldn’t work together. :smile:

Maybe halve damage done to non-natural blocks?

@p000ison I will have to think about that a bit

@DotDash what exactly do you mean by that?

Well, that still wouldn’t make the base that much harder to just rip apart, if making manually placed blocks harder to break is what you mean. It would still allow people to take their diamond pickaxe and just bust through a wall, take everything and go again…And making it only break blocks half as fast won’t make much difference, unless you’re trying to break obsidian with double the break time :wink:

Maybe sort of like how Towny does their wars? For every enemy on claimed land, that land loses health every 5seconds those enemies stay on it.

Thats a suggestion… But it would have to be disabled unless a certain percentage of the factions players are online to defend the place… That would be a cool idea cause you’d have to defend your territory and can’t just claim a huge amount of land that nobody can use anymore just so you have the land.

EDIT: May I redirect you to the suggestions?

Clans is another option (unless it is taken).

Warbands has already been decided upon. :smile:

Please make it so that the land claiming mechanic is as simple as it is in Factions…

A single command, top-to-bottom land claim.

We have been discussing avoiding commands for claiming land altogether or making them a second choice option.

Good idea, also a few things.

Command
/warbands (ALIAS: /w because /wb is world border)

Make sure there’s a sort of points like power to claim. Maybe Ability to make a sign to buy powers.

Also,
/w jobs (list jobs like farmer/miner)
Only high staff and leader of warband is able to set.

A nice thing is like /w title (PLAYER) Test
And so perm warbands.title
And color in title (donor perk)
Perm: warbands.title.color (and warbands.title.colour (US and Canadian)

Make sure you do.
/w version
Shows version number

Make a language file please.

I got plenty more but to long to list so just contact me here or my skype (pm me for Skype) and i might feature it on my server! So like my server gets ‘pre’ releases and It stuff

I’m not sure why this should be a thing, why should there be extra code just to add one letter for an extra permission?

As for this idea, we will consider it.