Web Development IDEs

This too was a joke… chill out @mumfrey

Actually, the main reason why I’ve been using IntelliJ is that Eclipse is slower on my projects. It usually takes about 1-2 minutes from program start to an actual window appearing, and then another ~5 to finish “Building workspace” and become usable. In my opinion, the one thing going for Eclipse is that it has more free (as in price) and open source features than IntelliJ. (Then again, it’s been some time since I’ve used Eclipse, and IntelliJ does seem to be getting slower… Maybe I should switch back to Eclipse and try it out again.)

http://www.ihateeclipse.com/

Wow… Wow. Just, what even? xD

In the style of the above website, I’ll comment on IntelliJ:
Tool windows, not in the “windows” tab, not in the “tools” tab. In the “view” tab. GG JetBrains, gg.

Such was the import of this great debate, it inspired this. WARNING: Poeming
(with apologies to @mumfrey who is always a great inspiration to us all).

What’s the difference between Eclipse and your wife? Eclipse still sucks after 5+ years

(my favorite one)

btw

Tool windows, not in the “windows” tab, not in the “tools” tab. In the “view” tab. GG JetBrains, gg.

makes sence to me

1 Like

I forget what I was reading once but I came across this program called Brackets. It’s a pretty simple and sleek little text editor that hooks up directly to Google chrome so you can see your changes in real time.

Sorry if that was mentioned already. I didn’t read all the replies.

so with a fresh viewpoint, from a hopeful learning future dev. i’ve been learning java slowly now for a bit using eclipse, and let me tell you i love how sponge is set up with eclipse right now lol. getting a workspace set up right now is so easy!

1 Like