Websites, Ranks and Stores; What do you do?

Hello everyone!

So I’m looking for new ways to do my website, ranks and my donation store, but I’m having trouble trying to work out which is the best services and which to use together, etc.

This is my current system:

I am using Enjin for my website, through that I have stats, voting, donation store, all my reward based ranks as well as my donation ranks, and my member rank system.

Currently we have system where a player has to make an enjin account (or just join the website if they already have one) and link their Minecraft Character, and the website would then automatically give them their Member rank in game. This means that they now can get “Enjin points”, which is a reward based currency, which they can use for cool stuff like /fly, crate keys, homes, cash etc. They can also earn Veteran ranks. I like this system because it stores everyone’s ranks, if a permissions database corrupts or we have to delete it for whatever reason, all the ranks are still there.

If any of you currently use Enjin, you will know that it is fraught with problems, I’ve been trying again and again to find out if they’re updating and they have been very unhelpful. First time I emailed them was June last year, I had some issues with the website and they said “We’ll check into them”, they didn’t. More recently (March) I had this exchange: Screenshot - 6e53bd233b2c2217bba215e306b142c5 - Gyazo

When I asked the other day for updates, this was their response: Screenshot - f5e4c75680d4b57d855d616b17810c5b - Gyazo

So it’s safe to say, I am done with Enjin.

I’ve asked some people for things that they used before and I generally just got confused, so I think this format might help.

So my main questions are:

1. What do you use for you website?
  2. What plugins do you have to show your server on your website?
  3. Do you have a rewards based currency for stuff like homes, items or /fly? If so, how did you do it?
  4. What plugin/ service do you use for your Donation store?
  5. How do you manage your ranks? Do you just use a mysql permission database or do you have them run/ saved through something? Or something else?
  6. Do you have ranks which are based on real time? Say for a year’s membership? If so, how did you do that?
  7. Are you using a panel or do you have a dedicated server?

If you have links for what you’re using, that’d be great too :slight_smile:

I know I’m asking a lot here, but this would be really, REALLY helpful to me, and possibly to people who are just starting out making their own servers.

Many thanks to any responses, I’m pretty sure I missed stuff out, but I’ll add them in as I remember them

All my love,

Alice

I feel like this isn’t a good discussion for these forums… its basically creating a discussion that goes AGAINST the Minecraft EULA… IE, Selling things like /fly, cash and the like…

While someone can argue that ‘Enjin Points’ are the form of currency, Mojang really doesn’t care about that, I have personally already been on the receiving end of a EULA ultimatum.

Discussion about how stores are setup would be fine… but once the discussion revolves around what to gives Ranks, what to sell players… its breaking EULA.

Edit: I am not saying your store is against EULA, just that there is a very distinct possibility of discussing this topic without regards for EULA

Now On-Topic:

I am going to answer these based on what we used when I actually managed a server.

What do you use for you website?

• When I was with Devco, we used Enjin exclusively, but had various custom plugins to handle the information too and from the website.
  • When Devco was merged into ToastyNetworks, we used Xenforo, which is something I highly recommend over Enjin, hands down… but it requires a lot more knowledge. We actually had someone whose entire role was to manage the website, because it can get annoying to manage advanced features without experience.

What plugins do you have to show your server on your website?

• We had a lot of custom plugins to handle our day-to-day activities.

How do you manage your ranks? Do you just use a mysql permission database or do you have them run/ saved through something? Or something else?

• We transitioned from PEX to LuckPerms while DeVco was still a thing, so everything was stored in a Maria-DB and was global. Toasty used Luckperms as well while I was there.

Do you have ranks which are based on real time? Say for a year’s membership? If so, how did you do that?

• Pre-EULA fallout, we had these kind of ranks. They did really well, but unfortunately without being able to provide beneficial perks, these didn’t sell well post EULA.
1 Like

Firstly, as I said, we use Enjin points as a rewards based currency, you absolutely can not purchase them with real money, we’re 100% compliant with the EULA to the best of our ability and pride ourselves on it (info our policies specifically here).

Thank you for the insight on what a bigger community does, it’s very helpful :slight_smile:

Also wanted to clarify that our veteran ranks are also reward based, not paid for.

I’d really love to hear what other use, so please let me know :slight_smile: