What PR / WIP API is blocking your project?

I’m curious as to what features are missing that are most wanted by our plugin developers.

2 Likes

Regarding large server networks: Contextual data. The ability to have sign texts for each player or holograms(custom entity names) per player.

3 Likes

I’m still waiting for the advancements api to be completed :slight_smile: It is not however completely blocking my project, only a part of it

currently struggling with oddities reguarding items/inventories.
i’d like to detect the player obtaining and laying down items, and un-/equipping them. The Equip event doesn’t seem to fire for player armor and while there are events for picking up and dropping items it is a real pain detecting movement of items in containerns when comparing the slot from a transaction with the first sub inventory size and transaction originals and finals to ge the direction the item just moved. And then flicking items between on and offhand followed by emptying hands and interacting with the inventory seems to queue up a lot of transactions for some reason. Then, if the targetInventory is instance of a net.minecraft class ignore the first few slots, as it’s a player inventory. inventory archtypes always are unknown? now i’ll have to handle slots 5-8 & 45 to get armor/offhand changes from inside the player inventory screen.
The inventory API is usable but in my opinion not as good as it could be

1 Like

The only PR I have features to add once finished is this one: https://github.com/SpongePowered/SpongeAPI/pull/1224

2 Likes