[WIP] OreDetector - detect nearby ores

Hi. Tested with API 5.0.0 and Minecraft Forge 1.10.2.

OreDetector

Plugin for Minecraft Sponge server.

Source: GitHub - qSLX/OreDetector: Plugin for Minecraft Sponge server

Descripiton

This plugin will notify player by repeated ping sound when he is at close range to any ore. You can set minimum range below which detector does not work and also maximum range, separately horizontaly and verticaly. It can hurt game experience if range is set too far, so I choosed default values quite low. The sound comes from direction where ore has been detected and is louder if nearer.

Commands

oredetector [on|off] - It simple switches detecting on or off

Config

Config is created after stopping server. Default values are these currently assigned below.

# Minimum and maximum horizontal and vertical range of detector. Possible values are from 1 to 10.
MinHorizontalRange=2
MaxHorizontalRange=3
MinVerticalRange=2
MaxVerticalRange=2

# Comma separated names of blocks which should be detected. Available names are:
# coal_ore, diamond_ore, emerald_ore, gold_ore, iron_ore, lapis_ore, lit_redstone_ore, quartz_ore, redstone_ore
DetectedBlocks="diamond_ore,emerald_ore,gold_ore,redstone_ore,lit_redstone_ore"

ToDo

Few things:

• Better search pattern, current is far from ideal
  • Permissions to use
  • Detector as equippable item with limited usage
  • Different config per world
  • More things to detect
2 Likes

Sound can make a lower tone? It is desirable to give to configure in the config. The same frequency.

Yes, a planned sound volume to be configured. And during gameplay realized that it is hard to detect (by sound) if ore is above player or below, so decided to use frequency as indication. But if you think frequency should be set in config, then I will make this too.

Actually I did this. Due competition I will make changes in testing branch.

1 Like

Hi,
Where is the OreDetector.jar file ?
Have you planned to develop something like Ellians Ore Detector?