I have 3x SSDs in soft RAID with tests showing ~241mb/s write speed.
Whenever I load new chunks and then save my modded world, it lags the server greatly.
- I loaded ~30 new chunks and did /save-all
- Server freezes and disconnects players
- Disk monitor shows the server writing 70+ mb to disk at 3mb/s
- Can’t join server until server’s written about 60mb to disk
- Players can join again
- Keep writing to disk until 70 something mb
Notes: This happens even with 1 player, and even when I remove every plugin and turn on struc saving.
I don’t think it’s normal to write at 3mb/s but I have no idea how to diagnose that
Timings report after save: Aikar's Timings Viewer
Update: Backing and Restoring backups are really fast. Seems to be something restricting world save write speeds