What is trust level?

So I hear all this stuff about trust level? What exactly is it, can you improve it? Is it like a rank? Or is it more like a number? Or is it like a warning points system? I got this message from the system saying if I revised a post I would gain trust level? Could someone explain all these things to me? I am relatively new here, so I was just curious.

1 Like

Here is the list with explanation :smile:

1 Like

Read here:

5 Likes

Trust levels basically weigh your participation in the community and give you extra perks for starting active. Check out this: https://meta.discourse.org/t/what-do-user-trust-levels-do/4924 for more on them.

What is up with the trust level here on sponge though? How can you view it, what is the ranklist, etc.
Is it the same as on that site? If you gain do you level up and get name colors, kind of like a rank server?

1 Like

I don’t think, that trust levels will affect your expierence. You can view it under menu/badges/trust level

1 Like

How do you earn these?

1 Like

When I was reading in the badges there was Granted in gold lettering and when I clicked it it took me here https://meta.discourse.org/t/what-do-user-trust-levels-do/4924/4 and when I read it it said that basic could get to member after entering 5 topics, reading at least 30 posts, and spend 10 minutes reading, which I have done much more than. Why have I not earned member yet? Is it different here and if so how do I earn member?

1 Like

It sometimes takes a while for the website to recognize that you’ve done all those things. It checks every so often. It looks like you got it now, so enjoy!

2 Likes

???
What are you talking about?
I did all of those things, and I am still a basic member, or at least that is what it says for me.

2 Likes

Discourse will check every x time units to see who needs badges.

If you met those requirements between the times it checks, you need to wait for it to check again.

2 Likes

I am not talking about badges, I mean ranking, member ranks, trust level, badges have their own separate tab.

2 Likes

I know… same process.

2 Likes

The big question I wanted to know from the get-go of starting this thread:

What SPECIFIC actions must I complete in what order to achieve member?

There are like 10 posts here and still none of them answer my question. At no place have I found any guide to achieving member, almost like it is impossible, like some kind of easter egg.

2 Likes

To be honest, we probably do not know on how to earn Member (I’m pretty sure none of us who are not Moderators have earned it yet). You’re going to have to ask the administrator.

2 Likes

Members keep coming back to the site, and have participated long enough to earn complete citizenship.

They can get to trust level 2 by…

visiting at least 15 days, not sequentially
casting at least 1 like
receiving at least 1 like
replying to at least 3 different topics
entering at least 20 topics
reading at least 100 posts
spend a total of 60 minutes reading posts

RTFM

2 Likes

Wait so to get to member you have to be here for 15 days?

2 Likes

Yes, that is the point of the trust system.

2 Likes

Ok thank you people for finally answering my question.

One last one though.

Do you have to be spending 15 straight days on the site, or just have an active account for 15 days?

2 Likes

thank you for clearing this up!

1 Like