1.8.9 server. Tinkers' Construct instruments dupe

Today I’ve discovered, that if I drop an instrument (like pickaxe) from mod “Tinkers’ Construct” (latest possible for 1.8.9) it doesn’t really drop, but it clones itself and a copy of it drops, when original stays in hands.

It was very strange, because I didn’t have such a problem in singleplayer. So I’ve deleted all mods (including Sponge) from my server, and started to add mods one by one. Now attention. Everything was fine until I’ve put Sponge into the mods folder. After that everything collapsed and instruments have started to dupe again.

I have forge: “forge-1.8.9-11.15.1.1890-1.8.9-universal” and I’ve tried with sponge - “spongeforge-1.8.9-1890-4.2.0-BETA-1500” and “spongeforge-1.8.9-1890-4.2.0-BETA-1506”

Is it possible to solve this problem by my own by changing something in configs? Or it’s a problem of sponge?

By “dropping” is it using the drop-keybind only, or by dragging-and-dropping the item off your inventory display to drop on the ground only, or is it both?

They did have an issue with the drag-drop and some events earlier, but knowing if its specific to one case or the other, or independant simply ‘was in inventory, now is on the ground’ would go a ways to help folks figure out what might be a cause.

I used dropping key only (somehow I absolutely forgot about drag and drop =/ )

UPD: Drag and drop partially works. Partially, because only in creative mode. In survival it also “works”, at least I can get rid of an object in my inventory. However, instead of 1 dropped object I get 2.

There are some known issues with item drops in Sponge atm - we’re working to resolve them.

Out of curiosity, does the issue still occur if you only drop a stack of size 1 - or does it happen no matter what the size?

I’m not aware of any item drop issues on 1.8.9, but I could very well believe some issues may arise in 1.9.4. I remember yesterday during the State of Sponge, we found some interesting item drop issues but those should have already been reported on the issue tracker, right @Aaron1011?

@gabizou: My bad, I was thinking of the 1.9.4 issues. Disregard my earlier comment.

And one more update. It’s interesting, that only instruments (like pickaxe or hammer) dupe, while other stack_of_size_1 objects don’t.

I suppose, that it’s because of different ID system of objects. For example there are HUGE amount of combinations of a pickaxe, but ID of it will always remain the same.

On my 1.10.2 server with sponge 1722, dropping a tinker’s tool via drop-keybind from the hotbar works as expected. Drag and dropping a tool out of the inventory causes the dupe: The item is dropped but remains attached to the cursor. Pressing the drop-keybind in the inventory deletes any item (not only tinker’s tools) without dropping it.

I’m thinking about a way to disable the possibility of dragging items out of the inventory for the time being and hope this can be solved in the future.

That’s your issue right there. Sponge 1722 is an absolutely ancient build, and contains tens (if not hundreds) of bugs which have been addressed in the latest build

Sponge 5.0.0-BETA-1722 was released yesterday and currently the latest beta build is 1726 or am i missing something essential here? Beta Changelog

Oh, my bad. I misread your earlier post, and thought you were talking about 1.8.9. I’ll look into this issue

Nice! :grinning: