[Abandoned] 🔑 PermissionManager [v3.0.1] [API 5.X] A simple and easy permission plugin

Just wondering,

If I had a plugin that specified it’s own permissions in upper case would this plugin still be compatible? I’ve got all of my permissions setup correctly it seems except for one that had a few uppercase characters in it. Not sure if this plugin is case insensitive or not. e.g. TreeDestroyage vs treedestroyage. I let the other plugin developer know about it and they made a change. I was just curious.

I don’t remember if it is case sensitive, I will check that.

Same to me :frowning: I edit the Groups.yml and Players.yml but when I restart the server to update setting, files gets default values.

I think you mean to update from within minecraft with the command line utility. When you exit(restart) this plugin saves your world state (permissions) to those files. That overwrites changes. So it does no good editing the files while minecraft is running. You can turn the server off and then edit those files. Or better yet copy them and edit the copy, stop the server, rename original original-backup, replace the original with the edited copy, start the server. It all depends on how paranoid you are about losing settings.

3 Likes

Well, I’ve been messing around with this plugin for about 45 minutes and I can’t seem to make things work. When I type a command into chat I get the message “error occurred while executing command: null.” In the console I get this when it pops up. Not sure what I’m doing wrong with it haha.

at io.github.djxy.core.commands.nodes.Node.executeCommand(Node.java:41) ~[Node.class:?]
at io.github.djxy.core.commands.Command.process(Command.java:27) ~[Command.class:?]
at org.spongepowered.api.command.dispatcher.SimpleDispatcher.process(SimpleDispatcher.java:331) ~[SimpleDispatcher.class:1.8.9-1890-4.2.0-BETA-1569]
at org.spongepowered.common.command.SpongeCommandManager.process(SpongeCommandManager.java:279) [SpongeCommandManager.class:1.8.9-1890-4.2.0-BETA-1569]
at net.minecraft.command.ServerCommandManager.func_71556_a(SourceFile:80) [bd.class:?]
at net.minecraft.network.NetHandlerPlayServer.func_147361_d(NetHandlerPlayServer.java:815) [lm.class:?]
at net.minecraft.network.NetHandlerPlayServer.func_147354_a(NetHandlerPlayServer.java:794) [lm.class:?]
at net.minecraft.network.play.client.C01PacketChatMessage.func_148833_a(SourceFile:37) [ie.class:?]
at net.minecraft.network.play.client.C01PacketChatMessage.func_148833_a(SourceFile:9) [ie.class:?]
at org.spongepowered.common.network.PacketUtil.onProcessPacket(PacketUtil.java:119) [PacketUtil.class:1.8.9-1890-4.2.0-BETA-1569]
at net.minecraft.network.PacketThreadUtil$1.redirect$onProcessPacket$0(SourceFile:39) [fh$1.class:?]
at net.minecraft.network.PacketThreadUtil$1.run(SourceFile:13) [fh$1.class:?]
at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511) [?:1.8.0_91]
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266) [?:1.8.0_91]
at net.minecraft.util.Util.func_181617_a(SourceFile:44) [g.class:?]
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71190_q(MinecraftServer.java:660) [MinecraftServer.class:?]
at net.minecraft.server.dedicated.DedicatedServer.func_71190_q(DedicatedServer.java:344) [ko.class:?]
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71217_p(MinecraftServer.java:605) [MinecraftServer.class:?]
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:481) [MinecraftServer.class:?]
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745) [?:1.8.0_91]

Thanks for the help!

Hi,
currently the plugin is not updated to the latest version of Sponge, so the plugin can not work correctly.

Ah, duh. That makes sense. Sorry for bothering you XD, and thanks for the help!

1 Like

Everytime I try and execute a command through console (since I can’t do it in-game)

I get this error message.

25.07 18:38:14 [Server] Server thread/INFO Error occurred while executing command: null

What is the version of Sponge you are using? The latest version I tested was the 4.1.0. I haven’t had the time to update the plugin since.

Sorry, I should have provided more details;

Anyway, I am using version 1.2 of the plugin and my server is on Sponge 1473 (1.8.9). And as a sidenote, it worked for a few weeks, then I had to completely reinstall all the plugins, and now whenever I try to do a command /pm group create [groupname], it just says:

[Server] Server thread/INFO Error occurred while executing command: null

I can provide other details if needed.

Do you have an error in your logs? If so, I would like to see it for more details.

There are no errors in the logs, unfortunately (I guess).

I have no idea if this has anything to do with it, but is it because I’m using TAB characters instead of 4 spaces?

Yes, it’s probably this. You should try with 4 spaces instead.

Alright things are working fine again except for that it’s not recognizing the groups/ranks.

Here is the file

Have you close the server, save the file with your configuration and restarted the server?

Yes, and it either resets the promotions or groups file on restart. And I am editing the file and saving while the server is off.

Try this version, I think I fixed it.

ADMIN: 
  permissions: 
    - worldedit.*
    - pixelmon.*
    - essentialcmds.*
    - minecraft.*
  prefix: "&c[Admin]"
BUILDER: 
  permissions: 
    - worldedit.*
    - minecraft.*