AdamantineShield v0.4.1 - Action logging and rollback for Sponge

How can I inquire about WorldEdit’s block change log?
I tried to check it out and there was no record of them.

Will this work on API 5?

Yes there’s a version for API 5/6 and API 7

1 Like

The developer will not modify the plugin. There are alternatives? API 7

What do you mean? There is a version for API7 although it may be for pre-release API7 if it isn’t working for you

From Discord @Karanum

Here’s a long overdue announcement: As you all have undoubtably noticed, progress on AS has been virtually non-existant. I’m no longer actively playing Minecraft, and as such there’s been little motivation to continue working on AS. I’ve been holding off on making this announcement in case a burst of motivation came my way, but that seems less and less likely as time passes. Because of this, I’ll be on hiatus from AS development indefinitely. Anyone who wants to take a shot at development is free to fork the repository and have a go at it. While I won’t be continuing work on AS myself, I am willing to answer questions about the code.

sad to hear this its one fine plugin to use sadly my java skills arent what they used to be sponge related then

i “might” fork it and play around with it but that depends on how
nice sponge is gonna be for me

It works with API 7, and 7.1, I’ve been using it with Spongeforge 2834.

Yes, it works. A half measure. This does not negate the words of the developer.

Don’t worry, I know the developer personally. Should I ever have an issue with the plugin, he will do his best to help me and my dev resolve the issue, open source-end.

1 Like

AdamantineShield development is officially back! While the rollback functionality is not in a presentable state yet, version 0.4.0 will fix some of the bugs that version 0.3.3 had.

Changelog:

• Added logging options for plant and tree growth.
  • AS now uses its own threadpool, meaning it no longer bogs down the Sponge scheduler.
  • The config file will now update itself when new options are added.
  • The file-end database option is now off by default.
  • Fixed double chest logging breaking itself in newer Sponge versions.
  • Fixed database entries from appearing multiple times when performing lookups under certain circumstances.
  • Fixed lookups being unable to find some players under certain circumstances.
8 Likes

Beautiful! Glad to see you back :smiley: More than them v

I’m even gladder than he is ^ :smiley:

As ever, feels good to see you around Kara :heart:

Great work :smile:

Thanks for the kind words! Have a v0.4.1 which is mainly some bug fixes and tying up loose ends from the previous version. :kissing_heart:

Changelog:

• Added lookup for chat and commands.
  • Added Hopper logging (only for Sponge versions released after April 7th).
  • Fixed Ender Chest interactions giving a “no value present” error.
4 Likes

i am a admin of a server and was wondering if you were fine with me making my own version of v0.3.3(started the project almost a year ago and as such we are on 1.11.2 which means api6) as i want to try and get the rollback working(or now that i’ve noticed, try and add the code you added for your latest version)

and if so do you have any tips for working with your code? (to help reduce some of the needed reverse engineering to understand whats going on) especially since i’ve mostly worked with making a simple mod for whenever we need a utilities(like special tokens, or making it so your TAN temp is instantly set to neutral when near a custom block hidden in the ground at city’s)

1 Like

As I mentioned on Discord, feel free to adapt the code to your needs. All I ask is that you make the source public for others that are in a similar situation, but I can’t force you to do so and I won’t hunt you down if you don’t.

Most of the current code for rollbacks and the rollback command should also work on API 6. In the RollbackJob class, the multithreaded parts would need to be assigned to the Sponge scheduler again since 0.3.3 did not have its own threadpool yet. RollbackManager uses some of the new inventory functions introduced in API 7 so you’ll need to revert those as well.

If you need help with anything specific, feel free to message me on Discord or put it in the development channel on the AS server.

3 Likes

You can even share your releases if you wish to, that would be helpful for 1.11.2 server owner :heart:

3 Likes

So lately, a lot of people have been getting an error like this when using AS:

A method was invoked on a dummy class, due to the static field ITEM_DATA not being initialized

This is due to a bug in SpongeCommon. It can be fixed by upgrading to SF 3049 or newer.