[API 6.x/7.x] FoxGuard - The flexible world protection solution

OH MY FLARD! I’m back! Thx for update @gravityfox will commence testing!

I had that same issue, only way I found around it (and I was very creative here) was to fire the redstone indirectly. I used command blocks using the “/testfor @a[constraints]” with a redstone clock when in the area.

Foxguard. I need help how to create sub area in main area. I need create sub area different flag or handler.
Thank you every comment.

Just make a new region for that sub-area, and link a second handler to it, then use priorities to make the new handler override the other one. Each handler has it’s own priority, and the highest priority takes precedence. I hope that helps.

Example. region test1 link handler priority 0, region test2 link handler priority 1. it is correct yes or no.

If the region test2 overlaps test1, then whatever flags are declared by the handler for region test2 will override the ones of the handler for test1 in the overlapping zone.

i don’t understand. I am Thailand. I need title example.

Exemple :
Main_region priority 0
Child1_region priority 1
Child2_region priority 2

The region child2 is under child1 region which under of main region
You understand ?:3

Edit : i say region but the priority is set on handler but its same using

Make another region and assign another handler. The new handler should have a higher priority than the background handler and in the fields you want changed should not be pass-though so that that handler deals with those fields.

Sooooo… rectangular isnt a “type” of region, am i really stupid or is something broken?
Oh and where should FoxCore-0.8.1-108-server-lib.jar go to?

Works for me. I have done /fg create wr [name] rect

Oh, so its not region anymore? its worldregion now?

Hi @gravityfox ~

I contact u today, for report a bug or… something like that c: . We have a server Minecraft with a friend, a pixelmon server [With Pokemons, yay !] & actually when we try to create a region and only let players use the command /spawn [So we don’t let them, place blocks & open chests for example.]. There’s a matter, because players & OP-players can’t do nothing except /spawn in this region. But normally, the OP one should be able to do all the commands they want & pass the guard, shouldn’t them ? Can we use a command or something for give some access in this region to the admins ?

We use this version : FoxCore-0.8.1-108.jar
FoxGuard-0.18.0-249.jar

& I have two little more questions for u : - Do we need the mod client ?
- Do we need to put the server mod, on the server or players need to have it too
?

Thanks for ur answers ~

The client mod is completely optional - it just adds some extra display features (I think for creating/managing regions). The regular server mod only needs to be installed on the sponge server - individual clients don’t need to have it.

Command/permission restrictions are not something that foxguard can currently do. So yeah. Sorry.

Actually you need to describe your problem better. Cause i seriously don’t know what you are trying to accomplish here.

Could i get a reply tho? where is lib suppost to go?

Just use the -server.jar.

It’s basically just the lib and lite jars put together.

The reasoning is that the libraries that foxcore uses don’t change often, so people can download that once and just update the lite jar, which has the actual foxcore code.

So really you only need the -server.jar.

OR you could user the -server-lib.jar and -server-lite.jar files.

but don’t do both.

Oh aight, thx for the info!

No. Foxguard worldregions strictly enforce the flags on anyone.
You can override this in a number of ways, such as putting them in the fg handler’s “owner” or “member” groups, and giving those handler groups different flags to the default ones. (You could also use permission handlers, or overlapping regions with higher priority linked to another handler, etc, but the first option seems simplest.)
Basically, handlers could not care less of you are an OP or otherwise. You need to use either a permissions handler or handler groups to change their behaviour. HTH.