[API 6.x/7.x] FoxGuard - The flexible world protection solution

Bug!. I use forge 1.8.9 and spongeforge 4.1.0-1320. Foxguard error could not pass InteractEvent. When I eat food and sometime right click. Fix bug now in new version forge 1890 and sponge 1320.

can you restrict certain permission groups or groups without a certain permission from entering a foxguard region?

This is not a bug. This is called version incompatibility. also your version numbers don’t even make sense, cause your old and new numbers are pretty much the same.

Yes, there are enter and exit flags, but they are very buggy with vehicles. They just sorta explode when a player rides something into a region. You have been warned xD.

the vehicle explodes or the region explodes?

Umm… @Inscrutable would do a good job describing exactly what happens here.

Indeed. The tales we could tell… the servers we broke … sigh
Riding entities can sort-of-bypass region entry stuff, but only whilst you ride, and at a cost. Sponge needs more stuff to handle this, IIRC. Have a poem:

Riding the Forbidden

Two symptoms can present
If you enter places forbidden
Glitchy stuttering movement
Cast out if you dismount what you’ve ridden

Or sometimes riding on horseback
Trespassing in a valiant try
You find yourself being turned back
Or flying rather high into the sky

4 Likes

guess i will unfortunatly not be using foxguard ;/ cause pixelmon has alot… of rideable pokes.

Looks like we have a quantum break fan o/

This isn’t a problem if you make a thick area with preventing pass-though. I can ride my charizard though 2 block wide pass though blocking but not through 25 blocks thick. So somewhere between there is a tipping point

Well the thing is that it is glitchy as all hell, sure it would work, but it’s still just awful at the moment.

what about preventing certain commands from being used within the region? is that possible? if so i guess i could get away with some sort of barrier type deal with actual barrier blocks to prevent the player from entering the area. and using the command restriction if its possible to disallow /tpa /tpahere /tpaccept /sethome, etc. within.

command restrictions are something that i have certain negative feelings toward at the moment.

I will implement them eventually, but in a way that actually makes sense.

ah ok; then i’ll hold off on foxguard till that day comes. Without the ability to restrict those commands; anyone could be able to teleport within the region :confused: or say it was a parkour that you didn’t want people flying inside; but some people had access to fly normally. Presents problems alot of different ways if there isn’t a way to restrict what commands people can use in the regions

Actually, having tried the trick of teleporting into a forbidden region, I found that the protection worked quite well. The side effect was that I got displaced about 100 blocks away, and six feet underground. Try for yourself, and see what happens.

See the displacement part makes no sense. I think you were riding something when that happened.

After watching the tutorials I still do not understand, if I need to let the whole world to be protected, what do I need to input??

If you want an entire world protected, just link a handler to the global region for that world. Whatever settings that handler has will apply to the entire world (eg blockbreak deny, etc). You can choose between a simple or permissions handler.

took the command straight from the guide and its not valid? well ok then. what is wrong?

not a valid what?

The fuck?