Boop - Notifies you when you're mentioned in chat

No clue there, I tested it on SpongeVanilla. The fact that it works in console seems to indicate that it’s a Forge problem.

Actually, that doesn’t make any sense at all. I’m only listening for TabCompleteEvent.Chat (as opposed to .Command), and yet in console you’re always writing a command.

I am using it in-game, not in console; if that helps in any way.

Any coders want to offer their input?
The function in question:

public void onTab(TabCompleteEvent.Chat e) {
        String currentWord;
        if (!e.getRawMessage().contains(" ")) {
            currentWord = e.getRawMessage();
        } else {
            String[] words = e.getRawMessage().split(" ");
            currentWord = words[words.length - 1];
        }
        if (currentWord.startsWith("@")) {
            e.getTabCompletions().addAll(config.groups.stream().map(s -> "@"+s).filter(s -> s.toLowerCase().startsWith(currentWord.toLowerCase())).collect(Collectors.toList()));
            e.getTabCompletions().addAll(game.getServer().getOnlinePlayers().stream().map(Player::getName).map(s -> "@"+s).filter(s -> s.toLowerCase().startsWith(currentWord.toLowerCase())).collect(Collectors.toList()));
        }
    }

The code itself looks fine, testing the core internals shows this: Boop · GitHub. So the algorithm itself is fine.

Did you test this on SpongeForge? It’s probably a SpongeForge implementation issue, I’ve found a few of those in the past. Alternatively, mods/plugins could be interfering…

I had not tested this on SpongeForge, but, should it be an implementation issue, I have no idea how to fix it.

It’s a SpongeForge problem. I did a bit of digging, couldn’t work out is causing the problem, and reported it.

Seems like they have fixed the issues, but I’m not sure on which version was the change made.

Edit: works fine on SF2000

Suggestion:

There’s already a permission for those who will receive the boop, but how about a permission for those who can use that specific boop? Err I feel like this isn’t a good explanation so see the example below:

I want to make a group “all” and give all players boop.group.all - which means all will be booped when @all is said in chat, but I also want to limit the people who can do @all, let’s say, just the staff. A permission node like boop.use. would be nice. So boop.use.all and boop.use.staff.

2 Likes

So basically be able to create groups to be notified, and limit who can notify each of those groups? :stuck_out_tongue:

Good idea :slight_smile:

You said it better lol xD

feature request: MOTD style ''you have been mentioned by {user}"

The thing that pops up in the middle of the screen… cant remember what its called just know some plugins use it.

Do you mean the action bar text or a title? I personally think the action bar would be more fitting so it doesn’t clutter a user’s screen as much. For reference on exactly what the difference is http://i.imgur.com/mRH4WXe.png

1 Like

yes exactly those! either one would work. i think the actionbar would indeed be a better fit too.

2 Likes

Idk what use it would have or what relevance it would have either but it would be hilarious if you made another plugin called Beep :smile:

I had one in the works, as a replacement for CustomChatCommands, funnily enough.

2 Likes

yesss for the action bar - this plugin is very very handy

would love to see it become a thing. the plugin is very useful but i tried removing @ and it would just conflict with every post in the chat. was pretty cancer. would be nice to not need the @tag but not detect your own playername as the boop everything you say hey lol.

Ohhh never thought of that. That would be amazing.

As a frequenter on IRC, I can tell you that unintentionally pinging people because you’re talking about them is very annoying. The @ ensures that you intend to ping them.

2 Likes

I may add this feature, but I’m not updating my plugins until Ore is done.