Boop - Notifies you when you're mentioned in chat

What about custom user-specific notify words?

E.g. hey husky, what are you doing with that tree

1 Like

Calling pie_flavour or Paging codeHusky would be quite cool.
Some form of symbol prefix is likely to still be needed though unless it’s a nonsense-string/acronym of some sort

So your asking for a HAM style notifier

what have I done

I’m unlikely to add that, but I could have them customly tab-complete. i.e. I type @pie{tab}, it obviously completes to @pie_flavor, and I’m probably going to fix it so @husky{tab} fills out to @codeHusky, but maybe adding custom tab-completion in the config and with commands so that @HSK{tab} fills out to @codeHusky?

Maybe have it work for player_displayname as well? since some players have nicks

I didn’t know that nicks were part of the standard library.

If plugins utilize it properly, they sure are.

Sadly Ore is down again - is there a mirror link somewhere?

No clue what you’re talking about; it’s up right now and rockin. The link’s just not updated is all, here’s the correct one: Link

I just recently updated my server to Boop 1.3.0 but had to revert it because players were getting pinged and having title send to them with every message even when not having been mentioned. Here’s the config:

groups=[
    staff,
    everyone
]
message {
    color=green
    recolor=false
}
name {
    color=yellow
    recolor=true
}
prefix="@"
restricted=[
    everyone
]
sound {
    play=true
    sound="entity.arrow.hit_player"
}
title {
    text {
        color=white
        text="Mentioned in chat!"
    }
    use=true
}
version=3

Here’s a screenshot of a player having been pinged without there actually being a mention: https://i.gyazo.com/d69e2967060e9bde8f7e276653a6d938.jpg

A new version has been released for Boop, it is available for download here.

Manual bulletin since this thread still isn’t linked to Ore.

• Fixed bug where every message booped
  • Changed ‘stay’ time of subtitle to 2 seconds
2 Likes

Does this plugin work for 5.1 or above ?

In a highly populated server, that would be terrifying.

boopboopboopboopboopboopboop

1 Like

This plugin follows the same rule as every other plugin for Sponge. The versions are major.minor.bugfix. Bugfix versions are meaningless to plugins; you should always have the latest one. Minor versions have non-breaking changes; a plugin for 5.0.0 will work on 5.1.0 but not necessarily vice versa. And major versions introduce breaking changes; plugins developed for one likely won’t work on another. You can see what version of SpongeAPI the plugin is dependent on in the Ore page.

The restricted ones doesn’t seem to be working. This is my config http://pastebin.com/KEp55cN6

I gave the default rank (all players) boop.group.all and @all doesn’t work on them. I have all perms btw.

Make sure to actually add the group ‘all’. :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh that worked lol, but now everyone is able to use them even though it’s supposed to be restricted to those who have boop.use.all

1 Like

Hmm. You sure you permission’d and configured that correctly?