CarrotShop - A SignShop-like shop plugin for Sponge

This is a discussion topic for the Ore project, CarrotShop. View the full project on Ore for downloads and more information.

CarrotShop

A Signshop-like plugin for Sponge.

• Support multiple currencies
  • Configurable creation cost and taxes
  • Support floating numbers for prices

Wiki: Home · TheoKah/CarrotShop Wiki · GitHub

Working signs:

• Buy
  • Sell
  • Trade
  • DeviceOn
  • DeviceOff
  • Toggle
  • Bank
  • iBuy
  • iSell
  • iTrade
  • aBuy
  • aSell
  • aTrade
  • Heal

See wiki for a setup guide and permission nodes.

5 Likes

A new version has been released for CarrotShop, it is available for download here.

A SignShop-like shop plugin for Sponge.

very good !
Can I reprint?

What do you mean ‘reprint’?

Eh, what happened to the set of pictures for user guide? I’ve been trying to find them for player reference!

Is there any more documentation on setup or a config to edit, it’s not working with our total economy on 1.3 it gives and takes the items but not the money

Is there any way to break a shop?

I’ll have a look at this totaleconomy thing. Feel free to open an issue about it.

To break the shop just break the sign or the chest. You need to be the owner of the shop or have carrotshop.admin perm node.
Also, if you are in creative, you need to break it using bedrock

I was very happy to install your plugin, but i was quickly disappointed a little.
I found a bug that you really need to fix. You haven’t taken care about a blocks/item metadata.
For example wool. your plugin considers red/green/blue/any other color as just wool wich return to the first metadata wich is white wool. So if i sell red wool the buyer gets white wool. I just made an account to tell you this, because i like this plugin and as far as i know it’s the only decent 1 (besides the bug)

1 Like

This is a real problem indeed, thank you for pointing that out. I’ll fix it today if I can reproduce it.

This should be fixed in v1.4 → Release v1.4 · TheoKah/CarrotShop · GitHub

Let me know if everything works as expected now :slight_smile:

Very kind to reply so fast. I have tested it and it looks like that problem has been solved. I do have found more “problems”.
For example: i set a sell shop for red wool and i define the price to 1 let say “dollar”. I also put 1 redwool inside the chest, because i want that people can sell 1 redwool and get 1 dollar. Here comes the trouble now. It littery looks for 1 piece of redwool. If the player has a stack of 64 or just anything more then 1 you see a message that you don’t have that item to sell. It cannot substract 1 item from the stack.
For the buy shop the same thing, you need to put stacks of 1 inside or the message "shop is empty " appear.
While the shop holds multiple stacks of the respective item, it doesn’t find it because the stack needs to be 1.

I hope you understand what i mean. I’m not native to english, so sometimes it’s hard to explain things.

Anyways, you need to create a system that checks for the stack and substract the quantity needed and return the rest.
So if i want to make a shop where players can buy 5 greenwool for a price of 2 dollar. I don’t want to fill my chest with stacks of 5, but instead fill it to max. The shop has to handle the calculation.

EDIT:
I have some suggestion too. They aren’t that important, but maybe this is something you want to do.

Suggestion 1:
Receive a message whenever you buy/sell something to both players.
For example if i buy something from a shop that is owned by Sam, let’s say 5 obsidian for 1 dollar. Then i should see in chat (and only i should see it):
“You bought 5 Obsidian for 1 dollar from Sam’s shop”
And when Sam is online he should see:
“Winnetrie bought 5 Obsidian for 1 dollar from your shop”

Suggestion 2:
The owner of the shop can now buy/sell in his own shop. This is nice to test things out, but can be possebly abused soon or later (i don’t know how yet, but it doesn’t make sense anyway). You might wanne check if the owner is buying or selling and deny it.

Suggestion 3:
You might wanne create a list of transactions that happend. People who have been offline for a day or 2 (or just some hours) and log back in will find out their balance has changed (wether pos or neg) , but they will wonder where or why or what. So maybe a command something like this /carrotshop history. The you get a list in chat of what happend. There should also be a command to delete the list. You can also limit that list to ex. 100 lines or something.

Suggestion 4:
If a players shop is empty or full they should receive a message in chat (only if they are online ofc)

In the future, can you report bugs in on the correct page? (the issues tab, points here: Issues · TheoKah/CarrotShop · GitHub)

I’ll have a look at the stacking problem.

About your suggestions:
Suggestion 1:

Receive a message whenever you buy/sell something to both players.
For example if i buy something from a shop that is owned by Sam, let’s say 5 obsidian for 1 dollar. Then i should see in chat (and only i should see it):
“You bought 5 Obsidian for 1 dollar from Sam’s shop”
And when Sam is online he should see:
“Winnetrie bought 5 Obsidian for 1 dollar from your shop”

I’ll add that

Suggestion 2:

The owner of the shop can now buy/sell in his own shop. This is nice to test things out, but can be possebly abused soon or later (i don’t know how yet, but it doesn’t make sense anyway). You might wanne check if the owner is buying or selling and deny it.

I see no reason to block this. If someone finds a way to abuse it, I’ll fix it or reconsider

Suggestion 3:

You might wanne create a list of transactions that happend. People who have been offline for a day or 2 (or just some hours) and log back in will find out their balance has changed (wether pos or neg) , but they will wonder where or why or what. So maybe a command something like this /carrotshop history. The you get a list in chat of what happend. There should also be a command to delete the list. You can also limit that list to ex. 100 lines or something.

I’m working on this feature as we speak. Something nice that will allow players to get sell/buy reports and stats

Suggestion 4:

If a players shop is empty or full they should receive a message in chat (only if they are online ofc)

This is not one of my priorities, but please open an issue about it on github (same link as above) where we can discuss it with other people and see what can be done.

I were unable to reproduce the bug your described… can you open an issue with more details? What is your main language?

I have posted on github. My language is Dutch (i’m Belgian).

Would it be possible to allow configuring of the item used to create shops? I’m using this plugin on a Skyblock server and I want players to be able to create their own shops without having to sell redstone at the server shop.

You only need 1 single redstone dust to create all your shops. On skyblock it doesn’t take that long to aquire redstone dust. Look at it like it is a sort of challenge to get at the point to be able to create shops. Or do you want your players to create shops right away at start? What would they sell/buy? You could also give them all 1 redstone dust at start.

A new version has been released for CarrotShop, it is available for download here.

Fixed a problem with metadata

red wool is now considered different as white wool
plugin can now differentiate enchanted books

:exclamation::exclamation::exclamation: Shop creation now require a permission node
carrotshop.create will allow to create all 3 kinds of shops.
You can also use more detailed ones: carrotshop.create.buy, carrotshop.create.sell or carrotshop.create.trade

• Add support for trapped chests
  • Add a confirmation message when buying/selling/trading item in chat
  • Add a message for shop owner if online when someone uses his sign
  • Add the /carrotshopreport command - aliases: shopreport, carrotreport, cr, sr, creport, sreport
  • Fixed a problem with some item names displayed wrongly
  • Fixed a problem with enchanted books, enchanted stuff, potions, arrows with effect and spawn eggs
  • Fixed a typo in a message

Created a wiki for both players and admin Home · TheoKah/CarrotShop Wiki · GitHub

1 Like

• Fix a problem with shop creation bypassing the permission plugins
  • Added the /cs command (along with /cs report, /cs hide and /cs help)