ChestShop & iConomy plugins from Bukkit

Hello everyone! I think almost every server needs these two plugins. Unfortunately, at the moment, Sponge plugins have too much functionality, which only confuses the players. In general, the idea of ​​transferring ChestShop & iConomy with Bukkit is relevant!

I don’t see why you need iConomy, since any economy plugins is pretty much invisible to the players. TotalEconomy is the go to and there are more simple economy plugins.
As for ChestShop i think CarrotShop is pretty much the sponge version.

And for complexity: I think having more options is always a good thing. Besides that most plugins I know work out of the box with default configs.

1 Like

Typically developers prefer control over simplication. When it comes to Sponge we as developers have so much control over how the server works that we typcially give as much as we can to the users so they can make the server as how they like.
However the can come off as “confusing” to those who may not understand all the options and commands. The omly thing we as developers can do is split the options into 2 config files, 1 with “basic” controls and the other with “advanced” controls. The problem then is what is considered an advanced and what is considered a basic.
As for users well they only have commands, so use of permissions are there to “limit” the user on the commands, so a well permissioned out server will “simply” the experience on the user side