Compatibility with Enjin

I agree to the general premise that we should do more to give information to users rather than the system we have now. That will be improved upon in the near future I guarantee.

On the other hand I do see where @disconsented is coming from. A small search on the forums for “enjin plugin” yields this post as a result. It clearly states that EnjinMinecraftPlugin will be ported over. Also, it is general common sense that one project is not responsible for other projects maintaining compatibility with it. This might have been better asked here. Again common sense that Enjin themselves would be responsible for their own plugin compatibility, he obviously understands the whole plugin to server relationship. Perhaps a better way to ask the questions would have been “Will the existing Enjin plugin be compatible with sponge?” In which we could have replied that “no, but it is planning to be ported”. That would have conveyed a more clear message in my opinion rather than it seeming like he is assuming that the Sponge team will take responsibility for the compatibility of another organization’s plugin.

4 Likes

@disconsented your right. I should have done my research xD. Though its rude to call people lazy if they just registered on sponge.

:stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

You should always read the FAQ and rules before signing up on anything.

1 Like

Giving a constructive response without a negative connotation achieves the same goal and is a win in almost all cases. It shows a level of respect for the Sponge team, the forums in general, and it’s users (new and old). Not to mention the positive impact on Sponge’s image.

3 Likes

You have to understood that it is anoying for us to say the same thing over and over again :smile:. I think lazy is still the right word here. But I have to tell, that I probaly am lazy on other forums (KSP forums) as well … . Meaby their is something wrong with the way we communicate. People don’t find things if they are right bellow their nose (even I don’t).

1 Like

@Staff Please move this discussion to another topic. I think it’s important, but it does not belong here.

Yes the EnjinMinecraftPlugin will be made for Sponge. As it is in the plugins to be ported from bukkit list.
Which can be found Here

As i said in your other post, someone else has already linked that already.

I ported Enjin forge plugin to 1.8 and 1.7.10, you can check it out here

2 Likes

Hello everyone, given that I am the official developer for the Enjin plugin at this time I figured I would weigh in on the conversation. We are currently working on a port for sponge as well as a major overhaul of our existing plugins/mods. I do not have any eta when we will release our first version for sponge but I have a feeling it will be within the next month or so. As part of my effort to port Enjin to sponge I have also taken the opportunity to port Votifier and may consider porting additional plugins that our team believes would be beneficial to users of the Enjin plugin.

Regards,
Evan Lindsay
Enjin Minecraft Plugin Maintainer

2 Likes

Did your plans change? its been 6 months.

There is update from five days ago:

Topic

Yeah, I’m sorry. I was under a lot of stress with college and just getting 3.x mostly stable on bukkit has been our primary aim. I also wanted to give sponge some more time for the API to mature so I could ensure as many features could be finished on the initial release. I’m currently just working on porting our bukkit code base over to sponge. Shouldn’t be too much longer I think.

Thank you for the quick reply.

Would like to see a version compatible with sponge API 4.0

1 Like