Core v2.8.1c

Plugin isnt working for me and reading the most recent replies… Core is dead? :scream: :sob:

You read it right… Core is dead… Or at least no longer maintained

This thread is now locked as the developer decided to stop development. Until (or if) @CreepsterLGC returns, or someone else adopts the plugin, it will remain closed. Sorry folks, the future rolls onward.

CreepsterLGC requested opening this thread again, so here we go again!

##Core has been updated to v2.8.1c

Download

Iam sorry that I left some of you guys waiting for that long… Maybe forcing some of you using alternate plugins and reconfigure everything cause of the lack of support core had within the last few weeks/month.

Anyways, Iam back which means that core will stay updated. Now that Sponge is finally in beta I’ll keep core updated and support it with new features and performance improvements which means for you: don’t got to worry anymore if core will stay alive or not.

Hope you enjoy the update. Thanks everyone.

Creep

4 Likes

Welcome back Creep

2 Likes

I like this plugin and am excited to see it updated. I also want to know of how you stand in competition. EssentialsCmds and Nucleus and finally Bedrock which are all essentials like commands just like your plugin you have here. Plus a handful of smaller plugins that allow smaller things that your plugin does. What makes this a good plugin compared to others.

EssCmds and Nucleus are the same plugins, Nucleus will superseed EssCmds when it’s done. Bedrock is a different story.

In which plugin of those can I invite players to my warps? Or lets say my admin was going full ragemode… in which of those plugins can I rollback my banlist? By the way: Is there any built-in ticket system in any of them?

What makes Core a difference is just the richful features. Believe it or not but I know what server owners struggle with not to mention that I used to host a server around 2011 where plugins werent at the state they are today.

Anyways, and I want you to understand that this is very important: For me, it’s not competition. All of those plugins are made out of hard work and work in a “different” way than Core does which might be a way you like more. Going to each of those plugins and asking how they can keep up in competition is like going to your 3 favourite soccer teams asking them in their face how they can keep up against each other. You get it right? All of them are good. Team A might has a good defense while Team C has a very strong attack.

Anyway thanks for the comment! If you got any further questions I’ll be here to help you out.
And thanks @Tzk for making it clear :wink:

2 Likes

As the original developer of the Nucleus project, I feel like I want to add my input.

I have to agree with @CreepsterLGC here - each plugin provides a different featureset. Who knows, maybe we’ll all converge on the same plugin or featureset at some point. Originally, Nucleus was my project, and I started it because I was bored and at the time, and only EssentialCmds was out there, and, to be honest, I didn’t like it very much. I still continue Nucleus not because of the competition, but the challenge I have in building it.

Believe it or not but I know what server owners struggle with not to mention that I used to host a server around 2011 where plugins weren’t at the state they are today.

This is a similar situation for me, indeed, I help run a huge server network now too. We’re obviously going to tailor our plugins to our experience.

EssentialCmds joining me was just a happy coincidence, but I’ve always been happy to work with others. Who knows, maybe Core and Nucleus will work together at some point too? I wouldn’t be against that.

I for one welcome the competition. I personally don’t care what you use, because I’m going to build Nucleus anyway. However, you can bet that with the competition we’ll push each other to keep going.

I’m not going to advertise what Nucleus is and isn’t here because it’s not fair on @CreepsterLGC, go find it if you’re interested. What I would say is, if you’re looking to try an essentials plugin, do your research before you settle on one!

3 Likes

@Tzk I am completely aware of that. Nucleus is EssentialCmds. Nucleus is just a newer version and its not out yet so I also mentioned EssentialsCmds.
@CreepsterLGC I am glad to see that you have different features. I am also glad no harsh battle for domination is going on.
@dualspiral Again I am also glad your plugin will not be in a competition with other plugins. I would like to see something like Core and Nucleus coming together because they in my opinion seem to be the 2 best essentials plugins. That may or may not happen depending on how the plugins may work together or the community being against it. I don’t know.

Thanks for responses you gave. I put similar comments on others to see their stand for their plugin. Hope to see replies soon.

How would one add a group prefix to this plugin? based on permissionsex? Also slight issue…

Wow! Hi, bro! Glad to see you!

1 Like

I get this error when breaking a block. Plugins that are installed are:

PermissionsEx v2.0 Build #121

SpongeForge 1.8.9-1808-4.1.0-BETA-1254 (SpongeAPI: 4.1.0-SNAPSHOT-44b5f5e)

Core v2.8.1c

Error: http://pastebin.com/tHjDnaif

The Command /home list does not work. I am able to create homes, teleport to them, delete them, and move them. I just cannot “list” them. Here’s a picture of what happens when using the command /home list

New motivation → new name → new plugin name
As Iam not allowed to change my name at the forum I’ve simply created another account. Feel free to check out “Nexus” where all the recently reported bugs are fixed! Thanks for reporting! @Lucky_7s

@Cleardragonf

at nl.riebie.mcclans.listeners.PlayerChatListener.handleChat(PlayerChatListener.java:60) ~[PlayerChatListener.class:?]

thats not Core / Nexus! It is mcclans which is causing the problem and I recommend reporting it to them :slight_smile:

##Feel free to check out Nexus here.

1 Like

You can have your Forum name changed, by asking admin staff nicely.
For example, Is it possible to change my user name?

There’s no specific rules against having multiple accounts, but it may double your spam. :wink:
Good luck with the plugin relaunch!

1 Like

Oh totally forgot about that one! :smile:

Yeah if there are any problems because there are currently 2 topics for basically one plugin let me know. Even though theres not that much content in this one though :wink:

Thanks!

@CreepsterLGC will maintain this plugin (now called Nexus) under his new Username @Cuebyte here:
Please post there in the future, thanks! :slight_smile: