Core v2.8.1c

Plugin isnt working for me and reading the most recent repliesā€¦ Core is dead? :scream: :sob:

You read it rightā€¦ Core is deadā€¦ Or at least no longer maintained

This thread is now locked as the developer decided to stop development. Until (or if) @CreepsterLGC returns, or someone else adopts the plugin, it will remain closed. Sorry folks, the future rolls onward.

CreepsterLGC requested opening this thread again, so here we go again!

##Core has been updated to v2.8.1c

Download

Iam sorry that I left some of you guys waiting for that longā€¦ Maybe forcing some of you using alternate plugins and reconfigure everything cause of the lack of support core had within the last few weeks/month.

Anyways, Iam back which means that core will stay updated. Now that Sponge is finally in beta Iā€™ll keep core updated and support it with new features and performance improvements which means for you: donā€™t got to worry anymore if core will stay alive or not.

Hope you enjoy the update. Thanks everyone.

Creep

4 Likes

Welcome back Creep

2 Likes

I like this plugin and am excited to see it updated. I also want to know of how you stand in competition. EssentialsCmds and Nucleus and finally Bedrock which are all essentials like commands just like your plugin you have here. Plus a handful of smaller plugins that allow smaller things that your plugin does. What makes this a good plugin compared to others.

EssCmds and Nucleus are the same plugins, Nucleus will superseed EssCmds when itā€™s done. Bedrock is a different story.

In which plugin of those can I invite players to my warps? Or lets say my admin was going full ragemodeā€¦ in which of those plugins can I rollback my banlist? By the way: Is there any built-in ticket system in any of them?

What makes Core a difference is just the richful features. Believe it or not but I know what server owners struggle with not to mention that I used to host a server around 2011 where plugins werent at the state they are today.

Anyways, and I want you to understand that this is very important: For me, itā€™s not competition. All of those plugins are made out of hard work and work in a ā€œdifferentā€ way than Core does which might be a way you like more. Going to each of those plugins and asking how they can keep up in competition is like going to your 3 favourite soccer teams asking them in their face how they can keep up against each other. You get it right? All of them are good. Team A might has a good defense while Team C has a very strong attack.

Anyway thanks for the comment! If you got any further questions Iā€™ll be here to help you out.
And thanks @Tzk for making it clear :wink:

2 Likes

As the original developer of the Nucleus project, I feel like I want to add my input.

I have to agree with @CreepsterLGC here - each plugin provides a different featureset. Who knows, maybe weā€™ll all converge on the same plugin or featureset at some point. Originally, Nucleus was my project, and I started it because I was bored and at the time, and only EssentialCmds was out there, and, to be honest, I didnā€™t like it very much. I still continue Nucleus not because of the competition, but the challenge I have in building it.

Believe it or not but I know what server owners struggle with not to mention that I used to host a server around 2011 where plugins werenā€™t at the state they are today.

This is a similar situation for me, indeed, I help run a huge server network now too. Weā€™re obviously going to tailor our plugins to our experience.

EssentialCmds joining me was just a happy coincidence, but Iā€™ve always been happy to work with others. Who knows, maybe Core and Nucleus will work together at some point too? I wouldnā€™t be against that.

I for one welcome the competition. I personally donā€™t care what you use, because Iā€™m going to build Nucleus anyway. However, you can bet that with the competition weā€™ll push each other to keep going.

Iā€™m not going to advertise what Nucleus is and isnā€™t here because itā€™s not fair on @CreepsterLGC, go find it if youā€™re interested. What I would say is, if youā€™re looking to try an essentials plugin, do your research before you settle on one!

3 Likes

@Tzk I am completely aware of that. Nucleus is EssentialCmds. Nucleus is just a newer version and its not out yet so I also mentioned EssentialsCmds.
@CreepsterLGC I am glad to see that you have different features. I am also glad no harsh battle for domination is going on.
@dualspiral Again I am also glad your plugin will not be in a competition with other plugins. I would like to see something like Core and Nucleus coming together because they in my opinion seem to be the 2 best essentials plugins. That may or may not happen depending on how the plugins may work together or the community being against it. I donā€™t know.

Thanks for responses you gave. I put similar comments on others to see their stand for their plugin. Hope to see replies soon.

How would one add a group prefix to this plugin? based on permissionsex? Also slight issueā€¦

Wow! Hi, bro! Glad to see you!

1 Like

I get this error when breaking a block. Plugins that are installed are:

PermissionsEx v2.0 Build #121

SpongeForge 1.8.9-1808-4.1.0-BETA-1254 (SpongeAPI: 4.1.0-SNAPSHOT-44b5f5e)

Core v2.8.1c

Error: http://pastebin.com/tHjDnaif

The Command /home list does not work. I am able to create homes, teleport to them, delete them, and move them. I just cannot ā€œlistā€ them. Hereā€™s a picture of what happens when using the command /home list

New motivation ā†’ new name ā†’ new plugin name
As Iam not allowed to change my name at the forum Iā€™ve simply created another account. Feel free to check out ā€œNexusā€ where all the recently reported bugs are fixed! Thanks for reporting! @Lucky_7s

@Cleardragonf

at nl.riebie.mcclans.listeners.PlayerChatListener.handleChat(PlayerChatListener.java:60) ~[PlayerChatListener.class:?]

thats not Core / Nexus! It is mcclans which is causing the problem and I recommend reporting it to them :slight_smile:

##Feel free to check out Nexus here.

1 Like

You can have your Forum name changed, by asking admin staff nicely.
For example, Is it possible to change my user name?

Thereā€™s no specific rules against having multiple accounts, but it may double your spam. :wink:
Good luck with the plugin relaunch!

1 Like

Oh totally forgot about that one! :smile:

Yeah if there are any problems because there are currently 2 topics for basically one plugin let me know. Even though theres not that much content in this one though :wink:

Thanks!

@CreepsterLGC will maintain this plugin (now called Nexus) under his new Username @Cuebyte here:
Please post there in the future, thanks! :slight_smile: