[Discontinued] AutoRank [v1.1.1] [API 4.0.3]

This plugin allows you to give permission groups automatically to players based on their play time.

:arrow_down: Download
:wrench: Source
:exclamation: Issues

:gear: **Commands and Permissions** `/autorank reload` - Reloads configs and restarts auto rank task. `/autorank playtime ` - Shows the amount of minutes a player has played on the server. `/autorank nextrank ` - Shows a number of minutes left before the next rank up.

autorank.exempt - Exempts player from auto rank check.
autorank.reload - Allows a player to use /autorank reload
autorank.playtime - Allows a player to use /autorank playtime
autorank.nextrank - Allows a player to use /autorank nextrank

:clipboard: **Autorank.conf Example**
//Name can be anything
rank1 {
    group="Member" //Case Sensetitive (at least for PEX)
    time=10 //In Minutes
}

rank2 {
    group="SrMember"
    time=120
}

:bulb: **Possible Features**
  • Use StatisticData when it’s implemented
  • Using StatisticData give more options for automatic ranking such as player kills, deaths, etc.
9 Likes

This could be certainly interesting with being linked to player achievements and even mob kills. Does this tie in with PEX for giving groups and command permissions?

2 Likes

Thank God, this plugin is a must have in my opinion.

2 Likes

This plugin has been tested on PEX, but should work for any permission plugin using the PermissionService provided by Sponge.

Will be testing it out, great idea there!

1 Like

Could you possibly add a way for the user to see their current time, and time until next rank? That would be cool as well, but nice job regardless!

2 Likes

I will see what I can do. For now it is going to be on the Possible Features list.

1 Like

Will wait for this to be added before using.

This will be a cool additional feature when added. As an addition maybe you could also use a plugin such as a Votifier equivilent to determine rank ups. As another additional addition maybe you could allow conditionals such as voted 1 time and played 60 minutes!

New Release V1.1.0

Includes

• /autorank playtime <player> - autorank.playtime
  • /autorank nextrank <player> - autorank.nextrank

**Side Notes** I am thinking of doing a separate plugin that allows server owners to make more complex auto ranking and reward patterns and keeping this plugin as a simple plugin for new server owners. I want to hear people's thoughts on this.

Nice!

I can agree with this, but define “more complex ranking/reward patterns”. It sounds interesting but I have no idea what it means.

ed: Like rewarding items and such? I think that may be simple enough to keep in this single plugin, but that’s up to you.

What I mean is instead of it being based around just ranking a player up you could also give them an item or some money or all of these things. Also instead of just testing playtime you can test for player kills or amount of votes or all of these things. In addition you can give rewards for triggers such as killing a certain mob or going to a location. Also I build it in a way that other developers can add there own rewards, tests, and triggers.

1 Like

Sounds really cool! And yes, make it a different plugin then, haha.

Basically “custom achievements” then, eh? ^.^

Oh hey, Autorank. Guess it’s about time I made my Stats plugin Sponge compatible, right?

1 Like

Hey! It currently seems like permissions ex needs to be reloaded for the change to take place. Could you look into this?

I can look into this. What version of pex are you using?

The latest version (2.0)

New Release V1.1.1

Fixes

• Having to reload PEX in order from group changes to happen.

You could add a /ar alias?

Decided to give the plugin a go again. Something is definitely not right and should have been reported - I cannot put users in parent groups, even when it confirms that the promotion was successful. Could you look into this?

I have some players saying that the autorank nextrank keeps increasing/decreasing back and forth randomly.