[Discontinued/Not available anymore] SimplePermissions [API 4.1+ & 5]

Also im getting
You dont have a wilderness administrator’s permission
error…
at least make a command that shows debugs and shows ppl what permission node blocking them

You’re quite rude. You haven’t read that this is a very basic plugin offering just the basic stuff. The documentation is on the first post of this topic. You don’t need to know anything else to use this plugin.

Also, this is a free work, and now there are a lot of alternatives. If you need more features, just use another permission plugin that offers the features you need.

About the error you get, it’s probably a bug related to some of your plugin (perhaps Grief Prevention?).

i dont wanna be rude but i couldnt give any permissions cuz i have to look everyplugins docs for to learn which permissions they gave…
at least u should add a debug command to let ppl see what perms bothering them…

Okay thanks for the suggestion.

/pdebug <true|false> command has been added on version 0.9.11

1 Like

Any chance of getting options support? or am I just missing it somewhere?

This plugin will get all the API features. Options are not supported yet, but they’ll definitely be added!

how would i make a class like donator be the parent off default its not too specific

I am not sure I understood your question.

Anyway, the group “default” is always default for everyone. You do not need to add it as a parent of another group.

I got it, i made some fake groups a, b, and c to mess around and figure out how they worked and got it, but i definitely like your plugin better than pex its a lot easier to use

Glad to hear that. Thank you for your support! I’ll make sure to continue developing this.

Feel free to report any issue. This plugin is new and it’s still work in progress.

oh yea and is there any way to set a groups prefix?

Do you mean a chat prefix?

YES thanks so much i missed it

I love this plugin. I hope you keep supporting it @KaiNoMood

1 Like

So I ran into an issue that I didn’t see any documentation on. I had a user in the “default” and “serveradmin” group. Disclaimer Neither had a weight set to them, and neither was set as a parent of the other, so I don’t know if that would affect this or not.

Which ever group was added first was the only permissions the user got. So even though they were apart of group “serveradmin” they weren’t getting any of the permission changes from it.

Is this just an issue with not having a weight set to either of the permission groups?

Hello. Do not manually add players to the default group.

The special group named “default” is a group that is parent of all groups and users, and it’s set with the lowest priority. So, in case any of the groups a player is added to doesn’t have the specified permission set, the default group will be considered.

Example:

• Add the permission nodes “perm.alpha” and “perm.beta” to the default group.
  • Add the permission nodes “-perm.beta” (perm.beta set to false) and “perm.gamma” to the serveradmin group.
  • Player A is not in any group, and Player B is in the serveradmin group.

Player A will have “perm.alpha” and “perm.beta” permission nodes set to true.
Player B will have “perm.alpha” and “perm.gamma” permission nodes set to true, and “perm.beta” set to false.

I did manually add the user to the default group first.

Then you have to remove the user from the default group.

Adding players to the default group will not be allowed anymore from the next release. All players are always on the default group with the lowest weight/priority (even if you can’t see that). Adding them to the default group will consider that group as a normal group (with a normal weight), so it’s easier to mess up if you do that.

ahh I see. I will do so. Thank you, and keep up the good work! Though kinda feel a little sad I need another mod for prefixes and suffixes, but I understand your thinking. So keep up the amazing work!

1 Like