Eclipse Workspace Problem

Sooo, where to start…

I’ve set up my eclipse workspace like here: [Tutorial] Updated Eclipse Workspace Video - Mars + Buildship
So far everything worked.

Then i imported my own plugin as a new gradle project and added it in SpongeForge’s server run configuration to the classpath.
Still everything was working, i could start the server, my plugin was loaded and i could debug it and so on.

Then i wanted to update Sponge, so i rightclicked SpongeForge Project Team Pull.
Since then, SpongeForge has some (not many) compiling problems:

Imgur

I already tried the setupDecompWorkspace and eclipse gradle tasks and refreshing. But it didn’t help.
If i remove the projects and import them again from git, it works again. But i don’t want to setup everything over and over again if i am doing an update.

I also noticed this:

http://imgur.com/ODXkPBD

Am i doing something wrong when i am pulling? Or do you have any ideas how i can avoid or fix that?
Thank you in advance for your time and answers :wink:

according to the readme the steps are

git pull
git submodule update --recursive
gradle setupDecompWorkspace --refresh-dependencies

1 Like

Can i do this with eclipse? or do i need to install git or so, to run that command? (Sry, im a noob with GitHub ^^)

How about using IntelliJ and this awesome thing?

I’ve never tried. I use Git. Its quite easy. You can pull up a 10 minute video on YouTube that’ll show you enough information to get you rolling in Git

I got it working, thx.
I needed to fetch and then update the sub-modules manually, because eclipse can’t do that recursive-thing, but you can right-click them and then fetch/update.
After that another setupDecompWorkspace --refresh-dependencies and then refreshing the project and all errors are gone. :smiley:

1 Like

In case you ever need to do it again, there should be an option to “clone submodules” or something like that when you add a repository from Git.

I believe I already did exactly that … that’s how @mumfrey showed it in his video.