FeatherChat v1.1

FeatherChat allows xml-formatted chat, so you can use <c n="gold>this format</c> in chat. I’m working on a ligther-weigth solution using Markdown-style formatting though, that you may find simpler to work with. However, XML’s the only format currently available.

(and I’m checking on the changes in Sponge rn)

Ok, just tested and it seems fine. Make sure you have the latest PEX build from http://ci.yawk.at/view/PermissionsEx/job/PermissionsEx/

Sorry. Forgot to update PEX.

Not working, and not doing anything different.

Requires the permission featherchat.chat.formatted, as mentioned on the wiki. Do you have that permission?

1 Like

lol forgot about that.

I am still getting problems. Logs

Yeah, because that’s invalid json containing invalid XML. You aren’t balancing your quotes, and you aren’t balancing your tags, so of course it isn’t working.

You should be using ingame commands to set the prefix, and if so, you probably want something like:

/pex group default opt prefix <c n='gold'>[Guest]</c>

;~; okay i cannot figure out how to get it to say in chat
Example [Prefix] [Name] Msg
atm all i can get is <[Prefix] name msg
im wanting the brackets instead of < or :
also is there a way to disable the leave and join msgs
…o.o and aparently the server has a rank…wtf have i done wrong?

Edit the chat format in featherchat.conf to remove the < and the >. Then edit the name format to include brackets where you want them.

If you want leave and join messages to match vanilla, you can replace {{> name }} with {{ rawname }}, which won’t have prefixes and stuff.

What rank does the server come up as?

Hello, im a server owner and i have a big problem with my server. Any new players who join get muted. It doesn’t even broadcast or tell OPs anything. When i try to unmute it still does nothing, the player is still muted. Im using Sponge version DEV-527 and im using the latest version of your plugin. Thanks for your time.

Could you post your permissions.yml?

awesome thanks and its coming up as the dafault rank which in my case is [Trainer]

That’s just what happens with the new system – the console is a subject like any other. I’d suggest doing /pex system console option prefix “” – that should clear it out.

Eventually I do plan to introduce per-subjecttype default permissions, but that’s lower priority than implementing the basic permissions resolution features and backends people currently use

Dosnt seem to work it says it was set but still has the tag

Oh wait, it’d have to be /pex system Console option prefix "" – case sensitive iirc.

Still dosnt seem to change it
“Console”: [
{
“options”: {
“prefix”: “”
}
}

Would it be possible to give the server a diffrent group that didnt have a tag or is it stuck as default?

Is that nested under System?

think that was dealt with in the PEX thread, yeah? and there are changes coming in PEX that will make this easier.