ForgeGuard | A world protection mod - build with sponge API

No, really, when I tryd to create a region I got a java error but now with the new version no, I don’t Know

Still possibly your configuration

It was the default conf

multiple things could’ve gone wrong.

Im sorry but when at that time the plugin was instable it’s not my fault

There’s probably like a hundred servers that use FoxGuard, and yet it’s only two people I’ve ever seen, and probably one more I haven’t, who have claimed FoxGuard crashes upon startup.

Regardless, my two cents on the Forge/Sponge thing: It doesn’t help modded servers, since, being constructed with the Sponge API, it still requires Sponge to be installed. Unless it truly needs to be hooked into Forge internals, using both Forge and Sponge is an unnecessary restriction.

And there is also RedProtect. I’m not sure where you got the idea that there aren’t any world protection plugins yet.

2 Likes

First the mod will work with mod permission managers too and second redprotect have (for me) a lot of problems, when you set a flag it seems like you haven’t, now I don’t now if only I have this problems.
Whne yes, im sorry, I made a lot of tests but nothing.
I will continue with my project and when you think it’s necessary or not I don’t care.

And as last thong I can say that FoxGuard is not very intutive and simple to use for new users who come from spigot.
Reprotect was a great think but with that bugs I can’t open a server with out riscks, sorry.

I think it’s awesome that you’ve created a new Protection Mod using Sponge. Reproducing the functionality of WorldGuard, with a similar command system, would help a lot of Bukkit server owners transition to using Sponge - particularly if it allowed them to import their configuration files. I hope it works to spec.

FoxGuard is a different beast - it’s more flexible, and very different to set up, even if the end result is much the same. I’m disappointed you weren’t able to make it work properly for yourself, or report the issues you had sensibly, but it’s your prerogative. However, it may take some time to catch up with it’s functionality (as the major competitor).

Caveats: I agree with gravityfox, providing source is a friendlier way to develop. Developing and maintaining a mod like this can be a lot of work. Making it as a mod is going to limit your audience, and it may not be necessary.

4 Likes

Plus, personally I view any developer who refuses to share the source of a public plugin with the public somewhag negatively.

1 Like

I like worldguard. Easy to use. Foxguard not support something in spongeforge.

I never said that I will not share the source code with the community, I will do it, but at the moment the mod is in alpha and I know how to fix the issues that my mod gives, I only nedd some time, I will share the soruce code once the mod will be in beta state.

What? FoxGuard works perfectly in both SV and SF.

2 Likes

Put up or shut up.
Comparisons are fair, but sniping at one plugin on the thread of another is highly discouraged here, as is making undocumented claims of bugs. If you have an issue with another plugin (eg FoxGuard), make an issue, not spurious and unsupportable claims.

4 Likes

I feel like this whole thread has become either attacking or defending FoxGuard, so I’m just going to say this. I know gravityfox fairly well, and I know that he pumps out quality code. There’s no sense in saying his plugin doesn’t work when it clearly does for the majority of people.

You are right this post is become a long an unnecessary battlefield, and I not say that foxguard doesen’t work, I sayd it doesen’t work for me with the past versions a month ago, I sayd that the new versions work now fine for me, but will continue this project.
I hope this reply will end this stupid fight between wich plugin/mod is better.

1 Like

New Version released 0.3 https://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/forgeguard-a-world-protection-mod-for-sponge

New Version released 0.5 https://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/forgeguard-a-world-protection-mod-for-sponge

New version released 0.5.1 https://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/forgeguard-a-world-protection-mod-for-sponge

The most important thing:

Does it come with mod protection?
So, if a player uses a stationary drill hammer for example - will this mod be able to prevent destroy blocks from it an a player’s region?

mmhh, think yes, but I haven’t try it, anyway, this post is old if you would have the new versions try UniverseGuard - A WorldGuard Solution for Sponge