"Foundation" - Common APIs and Plugin Infrastructure Manager

Not implementing, but standardizing. At least for economy which a lot of servers use in some way. Jails and stuff like that is a different story.

@Exstar My GitHub username is TheEpicButterStudios.

I’m going to do a little bit of coding tomorrow. I hope i can get a small team together later on, but we have to wait for Sponge and the Sponge API to be a bit more usable.

1 Like

It looks like a lot of people are creating essentials-like plugins… I have my own, which basically like a more server oriented version for server admins/mods/etc to maintain their server, as well as give them access to a few cool features.

I will be porting this to Sponge as soon as the API is released.

@Exstar Started on the project.

@Kornagan I’ll add you to the orginization

@Kornagan It’s my server’s URL. If you want to buy foundation.com, be my guest. I’ll look into setting up an IRC, like #foundation.

IRC: #foundation on EsperNet.

Some Foundation quotes would be nice :stuck_out_tongue:

Can’t right now. Does 10am EST suit you? That’s 4pm GMT.

Didn’t know they were in there! Whoops.
Sounds good.

This plugin is going to be awesome.

Join the IRC: #foundation on Esper
Planned Channels for later: #foundationhelp, #foundationdev

I feel that anything that contains Sponge/bukkit in the title should be disallowed, for the reason it may be presented as official.

I don’t see that happening.

http://dev.bukkit.org/search/?scope=projects&search=Bukkit ← None of these guys met any trouble.

I understand, it’s just me in my professionalism. I like everything to obey the 3 core values of the USAF, Service before Self, Excellence in all we do, and integrity first.

o_o

Okay.

Well, that’s fine. :stuck_out_tongue:

People are doing great at the moment! I’ll start working either!

@Exstar
I do hope that Essentials is ported, I’ve grown quite used to using it. Although, if not, I guess it may help for someone to do something new, I’ve had my issues with Ess of course. As far as ideas (if this plugin if yours gets some momentum at some point), there’s a few things I’d like:

• Better vanish, that can optionally disable mob/drop/plate/tripwire
    interaction, maybe even alter server pinging player lists.
  • Art cycling (right click cycles through art that fits in the space,
    something I’ve put in one of my plugins to make players’ lives
    easier)
  • The basic user managing stuff, jails, mutes, tp requests, etc, for convenience
  • An API for checking if users are jailed, muted, have pending requests or messages, etc, so other plugins can also cancel their own events (had an issue with muted players abusing an emote plugin I wrote once)
  • I’m not familiar with how client mods are done, but maybe some GUI for users to assist the plugin, teleport menu or such. That’s an stretch of an idea, but it’d be neat, and would utilize the client half of Sponge, if I’ve understood what Sponge is.
  • Permissions support (I’ve used Ess Group Manager for a while now)
  • Portals? Would be nice to have a simple way to set up portals or tp buttons without some crazy plugin
  • The signs! [Disposal], [Balance], economy signs, etc. Quite liked those
  • With persistent items, you could also implement a shop with the actual
    item drops (albeit maybe laggy)

Now I feel like I’m rattling off ideas for potentially several plugins after the first few…

this will become a CubeEngine clone when I look at the feature suggestions.

You might want to look at any of these modules: http://downloads.cubeisland.de/CubeEngine/master/modules/

@pschichtel We have other plans in mind (too). We are discussing it now, and the development will continue.

I would like to see the First SpongeBuild and much much Plugins (: