šŸ’Ž MightyLoot [v2.1][API 5] - TreasureHunt-like plugin

Thanks for your interest in MightyLoot. The project is still active even though I didnā€™t commit very much to the depo recently. In fact, the plugin can be considered ā€œfinishedā€ as all the major features have been implemented. There is still some little work to do though (adding minor features such as in-game config editing).

Iā€™ll also update the plugin for SpongeAPI v5 when itā€™ll be a little more stable.

Oh, alright great. I had some second thoughts putting it into my server due to it not having been updated as of recently, but it itā€™s finished then I will definitely have to try it out. :stuck_out_tongue: Thanks for the quick response.

I think that chest inventoryā€™s might be implemented but Iā€™m not 100% sure.

1 Like

Donā€™t hesitate to give any feedback on the plugin once youā€™ve tested it out. Also I must admit that the default config gives quite generous loots, youā€™ll maybe have to reduce the quantity.

The only issue the plugin has is the fact that config can only be reloaded with a server restart :sweat:

I love the plugin so far. I plan to use it on my server tonight!

Thanks for nice words ! Donā€™t hesitate to give ideas of features youā€™d like to see implemented :wink:

IMHO requiring mightyloot.command is a mistake. Most people if they are using PEX or similar wonā€™t understand this also grants all permissions related to the plugin.

1. How to set the center of the circle of the appearance of the loot?
  2. Why not removed the unfound loot? Chests remain.
  3. The chests appear roughly in one area. Should be finished randomly.
  4. Idea. Make it difficult to obtain loot. For example, you add guards protection (skeletons, witches and zombies).

I also think this is not intuitive. It is so because I use the high level command api, and gave the permission mightyloot.command to the top level command. Iā€™ll see if thereā€™s another way to do it.

1. The appearance area is currently only rectangular. You can edit that in the config.

2. If chests donā€™t disappear, thatā€™s an issue. Iā€™ll look further into this. [EDIT] The plugin uses the setblock command to destroy the chest because the sponge way made the content stay on the ground. So chests are supposed to disapear.

3. The random spawn algorithm is here. It chooses a spot absolutely randomly and check if chest can spawn there, until it finds a good one. I donā€™t see any possible improvements.

4. Good idea ! Iā€™ll keep that in mind.

It only removes glowstone.

Iā€™ll look as well. I also had some features I was looking to add. Do you have a roadmap or open to ideas? Happy to do some pull requests if youā€™re interested.

Iā€™m totally open to any idea and contribution, as it was made for the use of the entire sponge community. Iā€™ll be happy to see the project receive your contribution :wink: . Donā€™t hesitate to make pull requests or ask me to add you as collaborator of the github repo.

In my opinion, an new feature is worth implementing as long as

• it doesnā€™t make the plugin too complicated to be used by players and/or configurated by admins

• itā€™s coherent with the initial goal of the plugin, here the treasure hunt

Hello,
I was messing around with this on my server, but I was wondering if there is anyway to reload this from in-game. It is quite hard to set it up without such feature.

Thanks for your time,
Nova

Edit: Question was answered by reading above.

No youā€™re right to ask the question. Iā€™ve experimented a process to do so in Nations and it seems to work. Iā€™ll soon update MightyLoot as well.

Oh alright :slight_smile: That would be great, but it seems I have run into a few issue with setting the boundaries.

Here is my config: http://pastebin.com/xqA3LQtq

I was getting loot that spawned 100+ blocks from where it was meant to. And it seem there is no support for ā€“ --. I tried setting all coords to negative(With MAX and MIN set correctly) and when I ran the /ml spawn command nothing happened, no error nothing.

Ok thanks for reporting. Iā€™ll look further into that issue as well as a reload command. Iā€™ll then release v1.2 containing all these changes.

As I said above, the chests are not removed.

Video: https://cloud.mail.ru/public/7dHr/QHaiVVori

Indeed. Iā€™ll try switching to the Inventory API, and by doing so solving that issue, as soon as possible.

Thanks for reporting.

Thank you for your work!