UNMAINTAINED - šŸŒ Nations [v2.5] - Towny-like protection plugin

Big thanks to @Myaskill for translating Nations into norwegian ! Get the translation here.

Tusen takk ! :clap:

:warning: Anti-build system is not working in that version. That will be solved in v0.9.

Im guessing this means players can build in admin claims? Any news on when the update will come Grief Protection isnt cutting it right now.

Itā€™s because I updated to SpongeAPI v5.x.x but itā€™s still bleeding. Iā€™ll backgrade to API 4.x.x and wait for the right time to update again. :wink:

Nations Pre-Release v0.9

Targets SpongeAPI v4.2.0

Changelog

• Backgraded to SpongeAPI v4.2.0 (minecraft 1.8.9)
  • Fixed issue#3, now money amount formatting is entirely up to the economy plugin

so no API5 xD There goes my chance of using this lol

Nations Pre-Release v0.10

Targets SpongeAPI v4.2.0

Changelog

• Added /na reload command for config reloading
  • Allowed nations, zones and spawn points to be written using letters with accents and ideographic characters
  • Added language support for things that werenā€™t translatable
  • Added nations.admin.nation.listall permission allowing players to see admin nations when typing /n list

Language update

Languages files have been updated with new english lines. I humbly ask my dear translators @mirisbowring and @Myaskill if they donā€™t mind translating these new lines so the german and norwegian files get up to date, Iā€™d be really grateful !

You can either send me the new content by PM, a link to a pastebin or whatever. This commit might help you see what has been added and removed from the language files.

Hi, Arckenver. I have finished the translation file. I tried to upload this file in this website, but it didnā€™t support it. Thereby I uploaded it in here: https://my.pcloud.com/publink/show?code=XZKE0fZxoBkFN1pcq5yCgRjYPD8a8M6g10y
It is a chinese translation.

1 Like

Big thanks to @Jinlin_Chen for translating Nations into chinese ! Get the translation here.

č°¢č°¢ ! :clap:

:relaxed: You are welcomed.

The German Translation Update is ready:

good progress btw :wink:

Updated to the repo as of this commit.

Thank you very much !

Will this be getting an API 5 update soon?
Iā€™m able to create a nation and it seems just about everything is working besides land claiming. It isnā€™t recognizing the golden axe.
Loving the setup so far though. Great work.

1 Like

Thanks for your interest in Nations. Here is the dev plan so far

• Nations v0.x releases target API v4.x.x. Those are pre-release versions. Considered unstable.
  • Nations v1.x releases target API v4.x.x. Those will be official LTS versions for minecraft 1.8.9. Will only be updated for bug fixes
  • Nations v2.x releases target API v5.x.x. Those will be official releases and the continuation of Nations for minecraft 1.10.2 and all eventual future features.

v1.0 and v2.0 will be out at the same time : when SpongeAPI v5.x.x gets Snapshot or Release (see here).

1 Like

Awesome @Arckenver, good job !

By any luck, do you plan on allowing an economy-free setting ?

Thanks.

What would you mean by economy-free ?

Currently, the plugin is built so that each time it has to access the economy API and no economy plugin is present. It cancels the operation it was supposed to make and alerts either the player when typing a command or the console for upkeep collecting for example. Also, if a given operation does not need the economy API (i.e. admin nation creation), plugin ignores it even if no economy plugin is present.

And it does exactly that right now, good job again !

But my question was about a server who doesnā€™t use economy, or at least not on this form (plugin, ā€¦), we canā€™t use Nations at all, and it could be nice to be able to use this plugin without any form of payement :slight_smile:

Unfortunately, the concept of economy is deeply part of the core of Nations. Changing it so it could not depend on an economy plugin anymore would be a huge task.

However I see here a trick that could emulate this sort of feature, but Iā€™m still not sure about what you exactly want. An acceptable idea would be to change the plugin so when it has to perform a transaction, if price is set to 0, it doesnā€™t query the economy API. But that would mean setting all prices to 0, including nation creation price, taxes, upkeeps etc. And Iā€™m not sure itā€™s what you want. Is it ?

Itā€™s absolutely what Iā€™m looking for, yes :slight_smile:

But as I can see in your source code, itā€™s indeed deeply linked right inside your code, without any form of abstraction (like getPrice, or something, or I missed it), what Iā€™m asking would be a pain to implement :frowning:

Then the code needs more abstraction for that, and that it has to be done. :wink:

Iā€™ll look further into this very soon.