GriefPrevention Official Thread [1.10/1.11/1.12] TOWN/WECUI Support

When I rejoined the project, I rolled back all the buggy experimental changes. GP is now the reliable plugin it used to be again.

2 Likes

EDIT: Fixed the original post by adding a link to bukkit dev (for more plugin details).

I have a question Could you make it so grief prevention at least has the option for Worldguard support? I would like to see that as a feature, maybe even enabled by default.

1 Like

What do you mean by ā€œWorldGuard supportā€? Is it enough to prevent players from creating landclaims overlapping worldguard regions, or do you want something more?

By the way, for anyone still running CB servers, Iā€™m still working on GriefPrevention for CraftBukkit, at least until Sponge gets to a point where it can do most of what CraftBukkit can do in the anti-grief area. You can get my newest builds from a download link on the BukkitDev page:

http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/grief-prevention/

Cindy, please try the latest GriefPrevention version. I think it will solve your problems.

I mean I would like it if the land claims could also make wg regions that are controlled by gp

WorldGuard has a lot of new features in version 6 which are otherwise not available in other plugins, and itā€™s a very solid land protection plugin now. I think he, as well as I, would like to harness WG protections with the simplicity of GP. One of the best things I like is that it catches every action and protects against it automatically. The little animations and messages are also nice.

GriefPrevention with access to Forge, and mods with access to GriefPrevention. Tis a dawn of a new age for unmatched server safety. Time to give those naughty turtles what for!

Yep that is actually what I meant.

Glad that GriefPrevention is coming over, I will also be porting my addon for GP over as well. GriefPrevention RealEstate. Ability to sell GP claims, and sub claims.

2 Likes

could I have the bukkit/spigot link for that?

Thank you! I will try that. Downloading it now.

This is the plugin Iā€™m glad to see planned to be ported over to Sponge. :D
Many freebuild servers would have a tough time without it.

Awesome work! :slight_smile:

Ill be porting my GP addon as well (HexRestrict). Worked great in the past on mcpc+ with tekkit.

Are there griefs it protects against that GP does not? If so, please elaborate, because I have something to address.

Doubtful, but maybe. More likely Iā€™ll just prevent overlap. From an anti-grief standpoint, WG is hugely bloated (and it requires an entirely non-anti-grief WorldEdit as well). Making GP a front-end for WG would require everyone who wants to use GP to also get WG and WE, and WG includes many features that arenā€™t necessary for anti-grief. So that change would be a negative for ease of use, and a negative for efficiency (or positive for ā€œbloatā€, but I thatā€™s a dirty word I donā€™t like to use). There may be some positives - Iā€™ll wait and see what Nentifyā€™s response is regarding specific actions WG protects against that GP doesnā€™t.

I do understand that sometimes server owners want some of WG features in their world along with GP, and thatā€™s why I do intend to make it easier to run both on the same server together. Iā€™ll do that by not allowing GP claims to overlap WG regions, and vice-versa.

I think you may be overstating the situation - based on my conversations with sk89q, I think mods will continue to be a huge anti-grief problem for sponge, just like they were in classic Tekkit. He seems unwilling to push for a requirement to force all plugins/mods to ask anti-grief before they make changes, so sloppy plugin/mod authors will be accidentally creating tools for griefers to use, which plugins like WG and GP wonā€™t be able to stop. See his responses here:

http://forums.spongepowered.org/t/request-critical-anti-grief-plugin-support-with-future-client-mods-in-mind/

I believe (?) you need to add items manually for GP, however, WorldGuard automatically protects everything. WorldGuard also has much faster load up times with thousands of regions, while GP can take a good minute or two now.

1 Like

Yes GP is one of the most seriously essential modules for minecraft. Looking forward to using it

I can agree with you.