GriefPrevention Official Thread [1.10/1.11/1.12] TOWN/WECUI Support

You liked it better that way? Hm - I thought the green blocks blended too well with grass and trees.

Well, might depend on the texture pack. Anything other than what is used for the default/sub/error visuals would be nice I should say. Maybe lapis blocks. If you keep glowstone as the corner, then even emerald isnā€™t so bad. Guess some other peopleā€™s inputs would be nice on that bit.

It can be whatever just not the default claim block.

Cool, Iā€™ll look at maybe colored wool as an option. Iā€™ll do something soon to differentiate admin claims in visualizations.

2 Likes

@Nentify alright, I made it go faster.

1 Like

This is done, now. Jackolanterns for administrative claims. Extra glow! =D

4 Likes

nice ````````````````````````````` :wink:

Question: Can you use ChatColors (&) in the messages.yml?

I havenā€™t tried it, but my guess is yes.

Iā€™m not using exactly the latest version (just 2-3 versions back), but it seems locking claims isnā€™t a thing anymore. Iā€™m not sure if that was something you removed intentionally or was a reverted change from BC, but I think it could be helpful.

It also seems the search radius by shift+right click with the stick doesnā€™t work in the version Iā€™m using. Also assuming that was reverted. It was quite handy. It also seems that sometimes claim visualizations donā€™t appear in a visible spot, in particular on a house with a pitched stair-roof, some corners of the claim didnā€™t want to show on the stairs (that may be worth testing a bit as my client couldā€™ve just been doing some buggy chunk updates, Optifine and such)

After testing restore nature a bit, it seems it just doesnā€™t revert the newer stair blocks, although Iā€™m assuming ya already know that. Restoring a house recently with a somewhat large farm under it left the farm almost entirely in-tact and with a bit of a gaping hole in the surface (just used WorldEdit to regen it). Would aggressive restore be more helpful in that situation? I forgot to even try that. Maybe there could be a restoreclaim command that would abandon and restore the entirety of the claimed area (including depth)?

And lastly, would it be possible to prevent restoring claims if thereā€™s a non-expired claim within a small radius of it or sharing a structure? I ask because I recently found a userā€™s house which was partially restored because part of their house was claimed by a friend of theirs who hadnā€™t been on in a while (users on my server seem incapable of learning how to make proper claims, despite how easy it is). Maybe a better way to handle that if at all, although Iā€™m not too great at thinking of simplistic methods, unfortunately.

Sorry in advance if Iā€™m addressing issues that are resolved in later versions!

Claims locking was reverted with the rest. Same with shift + right click with stick for claims in the area.

Thanks for the info about the new stair blocks, just have to add them to the list.

Nope, /rna would have given you the same gaping hole. You could have filled it with /rnf (restore nature fill). Itā€™s not doable to fill in the right depth, as GP doesnā€™t spend any hard drive keeping history of blocks (maybe that hole was generated there? Itā€™s impossible to know). So in the few cases where you wipe a build and leave a crater, /rnf is the stopgap (no pun intended) tool.

Yeah I dunno about that detecting a structure thatā€™s connected to a land claim thing - it would be tough to code, a little hard on the CPU, and might actually prevent you from removing griefs like cobble walls built around a land claim to wall in the claim owner.

Youā€™re up to date on all accounts. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Knocked several items off that todo list in the latest versions. :slight_smile: Update your servers! See change logs on BukkitDev for details.

Do you have any intention to restoring those features, then?

Thanks, didnā€™t know that command even existed XD

How detrimental would it be to invert the list, per-say? As in have a list of blocks that generate naturally, rather than the list of unnatural blocks. Seems the natural blocks list doesnā€™t change as often per Minecraft version. Theyā€™re also well-enough documented here (short of some 1.8 blocks I think).

Oh Cool, I Would have this on my server just for that feature, no joke! (If I had a server)

Claim locking no, claims in area yes.

Very risky - suppose I did that, and then MS adds a new ore or worse, a new type of common block (coarse dirt?). Now when you /restoreNature, potentially large swathes of the world vanish until I get around to updating the list, and you all get around to updating your servers to my latest GP version. Itā€™s definitely better to leave a few unnatural blocks than to remove a lot of natural ones.

Claim locking I thought was kinda handy. Not sure about the resource trade off for it, but I tended to lock claims so they didnā€™t auto expire if a certain player had a solid reason for leave of absence for a long time. Without it, I may end up needing to disable auto unclaiming entirely and do them manually again if it gets crowded.

If youā€™re adamant about not having it restored, however, would there be a way to re-implement it via another plugin? Wondering mostly if GP calls any custom cancellable events when itā€™s preparing to delete and restore a claim that Iā€™d be able to listen to.

Edit: After reading comments on the Bukkit page, guess you decided to remove survival claim restoration entirely? Most agree that was a good thing (at least worth the performance trade off).

I think most of the new natural blocks they added are just sub-types of pre-existing natural blocks. Could just ignore sub-values, since I donā€™t think a sub-value will make the different of natural or un-natural, or if it does, not in a case that would cause large issues. I may be mistaken, so if someone has a better idea, than pitch in XP

If not that, what if it could support partial name filtering of sorts? Somewhat like what was done to support modded blocks at some point (also think that was BC). Assume anything with ā€˜dirtā€™ or ā€˜oreā€™ in it is natural? Maybe getting a little complicated.

On that note, Iā€™ve noticed recently (also not using the latest yet), that birch and newer stair blocks, stained glass blocks/panes also donā€™t revert, as well as quartz blocks in some strange situations. Assuming most of the newer blocks since they added quartz wonā€™t revert. Had quite a mass of colored glass/pane blocks floating above a restored claim today -.-

Also, on a latent note, Iā€™ve just noticed a player on my server was muted for saying ā€˜helloā€™. He hadnā€™t said anything prior to this after logging in. Would it be worth to clear spam cache for the player between log ins/outs? Also noticed it muting people just trying to greet players who join. Guessing itā€™s because there isnā€™t much conversation aside from ā€˜helloā€™ going on, but the plugin is warning them, and probably seems really weird getting warned about spamming when youā€™re just saying hello.

Also, occasionally I will comment on Bukkit rather than here (as Lucifer). Not sure if you have a preference as to where youā€™d want to discuss GP stuff.

Edit: It just banned one of my users for greeting new players -.- Donā€™t guess he paid much mind to the warning. For the time being, I need to disable anti-spam, still seems a bit broken. Canā€™t have it banning people just for saying hi.

itā€™s very high priority on my todo list to fix this.

2 Likes

Fixed in 8.6.5. :smile:

3 Likes

Or the thousands of server owners who donā€™t bother to use the plugin because of how much bloat there is in it (that could be split off to make it easier to use what is needed.)

1 Like